#46 Sirgey

Sirgey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

does anyone know if we will be sequestered during beta, I have some friends that play on the PC and it would be cool to see them.

#47 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:04 AM

Official date for U.S. (according to their site): January 17th.

http://www.officialx...ary_2006-g.html

#48 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Crooklynkat @ Jan 11 2006, 10:50 PM) View Post

if its crap, wanna ship the demo to me?

I would for a reasonable price, but I'm also British and my version is PAL, so I'm not sure if it would work on your system anyway.

#49 Crooklynkat

Crooklynkat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

this is confusing as hell!!!!! Who in the US has this!!! these new claims make some of u guys liars....i want the truth

#50 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Crooklynkat @ Jan 12 2006, 10:01 AM) View Post
this is confusing as hell!!!!! Who in the US has this!!! these new claims make some of u guys liars....i want the truth
No one is lying about having the demo already. Shipments are trickling out, but the magazine aims to have the bulk of their issues at newsstands and in subscribers' mailboxes by Jan. 17.

Just look at the gamercards of some of the people who said they have it already. They have the "PlayOnline Viewer" icon. wink.gif

Edited by metaldevil, 12 January 2006 - 04:14 PM.

#51 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(Crooklynkat @ Jan 12 2006, 10:01 AM) View Post

See we have these new things called GAMER PROFILES...

If someone has played something you can see it in their profile. If they said they played or did something and it's not there.... then they're a liar... if they said they played or did something and it IS there... then they're not... It's really quite simple.

This is what... the 3rd or 4th time I've mentioned looking for the "PlayOnline Viewer" in people's profiles, in addition to other people mentioning it... rolleyes.gif

Edited by twistedsymphony, 12 January 2006 - 05:37 PM.

#52 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:10 PM

I have a question for those who already got the beta. I know that there are no achievment points for the PlayOnline Viewer but are there any for the actual Final Fantasy game itself? Things like beat a certain boss and get this many points or reach a certain level in a skill.

I haven't seen anything like that yet in anyones profile but I just thought I'd ask those who had actually tried out the game.

#53 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

The game doesnt utilise live at all, you wont earn any gamer points off it, and nobody can report your conduct on there to ms etc. Playonline is a completely different system, and it's also shit.

#54 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

I havent read this entire thread but will there be a way to keep your character or when the final version comes out your gonna have to start all over?

#55 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Killa420 @ Jan 12 2006, 02:35 PM) View Post

I havent read this entire thread but will there be a way to keep your character or when the final version comes out your gonna have to start all over?

PlayOnline says they are hoping it will work like that. They dont know for sure but considering that they did the same thing for the ps2 and pc betas then im sure it will be the same this time.

#56 akodoreign

akodoreign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:56 PM

Called EB games and Borders (Farivew Heights IL 62208) neither have it.
Anyone from the Fairview Heights area know a store carring the Feb issue localy?

#57 BigGanja

BigGanja

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

yo

I got the magazine today with the beta version of FFX1, but i cant use it as you need a HD to install it on and ive only got a core system. Plus i aint no FF fan either. If anyone wants it its theres, but im in the UK so its the PAL version im unsure if it works in any other machine as it dont even work in mine, but its up for grabs, ill put it in an envelope and drop it in the post box tomorrow.

#58 stilljackstraw

stilljackstraw

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(Spark @ Jan 10 2006, 03:21 PM) View Post

I bought the magazine today and I'm in Manchester, UK. I'm installing the beta now.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, HMV up here were selling it last weekend.

It's always something over the horizon. Before these cats had 360's they obsessed about getting the latest hardware.
Now that they have the box, they obsess about the latest software.

I say, play the games you have and enjoy them. In my circuit shitty package there was a card for a free trial issue of OXM. I sent it last month, and wrote on it "PLEASE SEND FFXI BETA".

If they send it, great. If not, I have 3 other sick games to enjoy. No skin off my back.. not worth worrying about.

#59 Crooklynkat

Crooklynkat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

Shit no skin off yours, by im losing my back bone so far. I fiend!!!!!!

#60 hooch_uk

hooch_uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

im in manchester loads of copys available in adsa and tescos.

it takes and age to install even with 2mb connetion. it dupes you, think your ready and another 858 files to download and install. grr.gif

not even played it yet.

ill report back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users