X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hey all,

Maybe some good news finally on the COD2 lag front. I played in 11 games straight today, and not a single one of them had any lag (aside from the occasional "bleep"). This is the first time since I got my Xbox 360 (3 weeks tommorow) that I have been able to play multiple consecutive games that werent full of lagging at the beggining or throughout.

Maybe the people working on the servers for COD2 got their acts together and got it back up and running (could explain the connection troubles we have been having the past couple days).

Anyone experiences lag-free play like me?

#2 tommiwan

tommiwan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Bioshock, Crackdown
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

The closest I can say is last night I DID have lag... maybe a change went in to affect this morning. I will be able to tell you more tomorrow.

#3 AGreen BHM

AGreen BHM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:19 AM

I played last night, and occasionally experienced lag, but overall, the online experience was 100% better than it had been for the last 2 or so weeks I've been attempting to play COD2 on XBL.

I did not once get the "Unable to join game" message. This was great!

Anyway, I'd like to hear other's experiences with COD2 on XBL in the last day or so, also.

#4 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:23 AM

i am glad they are getting these things worked out.

#5 KMFDM

KMFDM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:26 AM

Just played 2 hrs ago and it still lags like crazy

#6 AGreen BHM

AGreen BHM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:39 AM

damnit. I was looking forward to another night of lag free gaming, but you had to go and rain on my parade.

#7 ediamonds

ediamonds

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:53 AM

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

This is just sad. The best game on 360 and all we can do is complain about lag and server problems.
I have tried to get into a game for over 10 minutes onle to get booted or have massive lag

when are they going to fix this problem already?

#8 rfmok

rfmok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:18 AM

at first I heard that they were going to fix this from ign. But than I hear that they're not going to bother with it anymore :-(. This really sux! All I can think about is CoD3 which is sad because thats a while from now. COD2 online is so awesome...sniping is probably the best experience I ever had in an online game, and to have it lag and unplayable 50 percent of the time is shameful. I wish MS would listen to their customers and understand that there is a demand to play this game online lag free...:-/.

The game is so good, we won't more...

Hell, I can even settle for the way the games are hosted, just fix the lag! That alone will make gamers happy! well most of them.

...oh yea...longer time limits please...sheesh. Come to think of it...the online has so many issues to rework...it's almost as though they'll have to rerelease or have a special download pack like halo 2, in order for everything to work...the way we want...

Edited by rfmok, 06 January 2006 - 06:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users