Q3A-TaNK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:38 AM

I bought a SNES from my local goodwill with Super Mario World and Super Street Fighter 2, one controller, rf switch and ac power plug. Anyways It works BUT the SNES picture is all Black and white! I called Nintendo and to sum it up Nintendo wouldnt offer any repair nor any direction into where to repair the SNES since they discorage ppl opening their systems to fixed. Ive looked at different sites and fourms with any other ppl with simlar problems as im having with this snes. The best ive found is some snes schamatics from a techie site. The games will work and run with full sound + speed just its all in black and white. From my point of view its problem lies somewhere in the rf/av modulator as ive tested both with rf and rca av cables with a black and white pic showing insted of full color. If anyone can help me or lead me into a good direction with some web sites on how to repair SNES i would greatly appricate it. Thank you

#2 Dj Ryu

Dj Ryu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, designing stuff, Tennis, Pro-Wrestling amd Gaming!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:08 PM

*First Post, to a cool forum biggrin.gif*

Get a toothbrush and brush the SNES Cartridge thing (the bit inside the cartridge, slot)

Get some nail polish remover, and moisen the "Cartridge thing", then brush with the Toothbrush.

Should work, my local game store does it, and it works great.

#3 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:21 AM

It sounds like it may be a PAL SNES. Is there any chance that it says NTSC or PAL on the bottom on a sticker or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users