#1 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 April 2003 - 10:51 PM

ok i have my bios running good but when ever i turn my chip off i just get a screen that says that my xbox needs survace in a few different languages. but with the chip on evox runs normally. i need ms dashboard to play live does anyone no how to put hte old ms dashboard bakc on the hard drive?

#2 freakit

freakit

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 11:10 PM

i had the same problem with the error screen with chip off. i had to use option 11 in slayer to patch a file. then i had to use config magic to lock my HDD. config maigic is on the slayer cd under eeprom mange.

but i too need to get the xbox live option back on my M$ Dashboard. it was there before installed a 80 gig and EVO-X.

#3 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 April 2003 - 01:13 AM

Install Live on your Xbox guys. Just make sure you do it with the modchip off

#4 Quintass

Quintass

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 04:22 PM

Don't forget you will need your XBL account on a memory card or you will have to recover your account on live.

#5 Chunkz

Chunkz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 10:55 PM

Jopo, I just figured this out myself, and it depends on what BIOS you're running. Myself, I'm using the Executor2 bios on my X2Pro....

Basically there's a feature added to the Executor bios that lets it SEARCH for Evox before launching the standard BIOS. How does this help? Well, the reason (at least why it was happening to me) that you were getting the error in 6 languages was that the xboxdash.xbe was a modified one, so when you turned your Chip off, it got all borked and doesn't load. What you need to do, is rename xboxdash.xbe to evoXdash.xbe, and rename msxboxdash.xbe to xboxdash.xbe.

Because the Executor2 BIOS will look for evoXdash.xbe BEFORE looking for xboxdash.xbe, you get yer EvolutionX dashboard and have no problems. When you disable your chip, the Xbox loads as normal, finds the xboxdash.xbe, which is the original, and loads with it like nothing ever happened.

The relevant part of the feature list from the Evox page is here:
Auto Detect EvoX

If you use the EvolutionX dashboard you will of course be naming it as xboxdash.xbe as default. Of you could use one of the evox hacked BIOS's where it looks for evoXdash.xbe. The problem with it being named as xboxdash.xbe is that there has recently been problems when using XBOX Live - whereas the dash was amended and files were altered thereby screwing up the function of your XBOX. With our new search feature the X2 BIOS will automatically search for evoXdash.xbe. If it does not exist on the hard drive it will then look for neXgen.xbe (see below) and then if not found will automatically boot xboxdash.xbe, therefore all components patched by XBOX LIVE are intact and everything will work just great.

The best part about this, is that no need for a boot disk!

#6 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:02 AM

Basically there's a feature added to the Executor bios that lets it SEARCH for Evox before launching the standard BIOS. How does this help? Well, the reason (at least why it was happening to me) that you were getting the error in 6 languages was that the xboxdash.xbe was a modified one, so when you turned your Chip off, it got all borked and doesn't load. What you need to do, is rename xboxdash.xbe to evoXdash.xbe, and rename msxboxdash.xbe to xboxdash.xbe.

Because the Executor2 BIOS will look for evoXdash.xbe BEFORE looking for xboxdash.xbe, you get yer EvolutionX dashboard and have no problems. When you disable your chip, the Xbox loads as normal, finds the xboxdash.xbe, which is the original, and loads with it like nothing ever happened.

As my tutorial says...

#7 Chunkz

Chunkz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (shanafan @ Apr 25 2003, 01:02 AM)
As my tutorial says...

Sorry. When I first got the error message he described, I didn't understand why I was getting it. Because the install of Evox had changed xboxdash.xbe (if I did it myself, I don't remember doing it regardless)..... so I had that wierd error message and no understanding why. I figured because I have an X2, and per your tutorial, I needed a switch installed to make it work right. Which of course I don't need, 'cause there's a dipswitch on it already. But 'cause I thought I needed a switch (per your tutorial), I assumed that was the source of my problems. Which it didn't turn out to be.

After I figured out what the problem was, I also found the information on their page as to how to fix it.

It's a great tutorial. I just found the information elsewhere. I'm sorry for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users