Thuggalo420DL

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2006 - 05:29 PM

With the new co-op maps out, the first thing I thought of was editing the co-op maps on Live (since they're on the hard drive) All I want to do is change the starting equipment which looks like it can be done from a config file. I havn't done any SCCT modding previously so correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone know if they've taken any kind of safety precautions to prevent people from doing this? Obviously I wouldn't be doing this to 'cheat' or gain an unfair advantage over anyone, so don't think I have any ill intentions here. smile.gif

Edited by Thuggalo420DL, 06 January 2006 - 05:30 PM.

#2 -PK-

-PK-

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 07:21 PM

I tried editing one of those config files once, it didn't like it. There is a ton of stuff that would be fun to change in there, but for the sake of online play im glad it isn't as simple as it looks.

#3 Thuggalo420DL

Thuggalo420DL

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:00 PM

Anyone have a list of everything that comes with the update and DLC? I'm trying to get the new co-op maps to work on my other, modded xbox, but it's not working.

#4 dangerslut

dangerslut

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:02 AM

I came across the new maps for SCCT but I dont know where they go. I know that they go under the TDATA folder but then what. i have two folders 55530038 & 55530041. I replaced them but I still cant see the maps?
Anyone?

#5 Thuggalo420DL

Thuggalo420DL

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:25 PM

\E\TDATA\55530038 are the co-op maps, E\TDATA\55530041 are the versus maps. I check every folder in TDATA and UDATA. Other than my profiles, there's nothing else SCCT related that I could find, and I checked every folder twice. When I copy them to my other xbox it says Damaged Content. I also tried copying my profiles over, but no dice.

#6 rogerlike

rogerlike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:47 PM

I got the content from live on one xbox, and ftpd it over to my other xbox that i cannot access live with - no go. scct didn't complain about damaged content, just ignored it altogther. the problem is the contentmeta.xbx hash signature, that hashes the dlc content and information contained in your eeprom data. i cloned my eeprom, modified the mac address stored in the eeprom so both xboxes would work on the same lan, and it works fine. now i can play the new coop maps with a friend at my house but, if i want to play with somebody across the net they need the content from live or my eeprom... now, i tried using cdx with action=offlinecontent to install the dlc but it didn't work - which might indicate (if i did it correctly) that ubi use their own algorithm for the contentmeta.xbx hash, which devs are quite allowed to do (the cdx method works fine for halo2 and many other games). one approach would be to remove the hash check from the game xbe (sc3.xbe for coop) or better yet, reverse engineer the hash. anyway, good luck with whatever approach you decide. :) i'm not interested in modifying the content particularly - the game's balance seems just right. thanks ubi for making such a wonderful game :)

Of course, another approach is to try and incorporate the DLC into the game content on your hdd or disc image, which is trivial with the $u updates and the versus content. I don't know how one would do that with the coop content though :/

Edited by rogerlike, 10 January 2006 - 12:29 AM.

#7 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:52 AM

i know nothing about hacking these maps or files except what ive read from you guys... and id love to see a custom map made for co-op and or versus... its a shame the PC users can make maps at there own will while we have to live with the few and far between ubi decides to give us...

oh well.. SC4 soon enough

#8 shadownet

shadownet

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:49 AM

hehehehe noobs scct is easy.
on versus i have merc is ghost and no neck brack/leathle drop tech witch means no pulling me over rails
my spie is no explosive dammage and has pistole and sc20k with 20mm sniper and 12gg shot gun attachments o and bullets dont hurt

my co-op is well invincable still lol happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif

i hear sam fisher dies in sc4

#9 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

i havent gotten the live content as of yet, but if i remember the file system from when i was doing some stuff with it months ago, you may be able to move the content to the corresponding files WITHIN the game files. in general, you will not be able to modify the content itself and have it usable on live at all. as mentioned, the files are signed with contentmeta.

for some games, you CAN get the content to work from your tdata by editing the default.xbe to bypass the contentmeta check, but again, this will not work on live, since the default.xbe is on the hd.

#10 dangerslut

dangerslut

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:20 AM

I just want to play the new co-op levels through system link....
I still cant get them to work.

#11 soulja2244

soulja2244

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(dangerslut @ Jan 14 2006, 09:27 PM) View Post

I just want to play the new co-op levels through system link....
I still cant get them to work.

ive gotten it to work, drop me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users