5 replies to this topic

#1 LGBTQ

LGBTQ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

Hello guys,

I am having a problem creating a directory on my f partition. I have unlocked and locked the drive but to no avail can I create a directory on my f partition. I am kinda stumped as to what the problem may be.

#2 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:03 PM

did you try formatting the F drive with unleashx? or some other dashboard with the ability for format?

note: you need a larger hard drive to get an F drive. with a stock drive, you can't just magically make an F partition (unless you have a stock seagate in which case you get a 2 gig F drive).

#3 LGBTQ

LGBTQ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

ok so I am sorta new to this. when I ftp into my xbox it had the f partition. I never created it or did anything with it.

up until now I ahve only used my xbox to back up my own games as they are expensive to replace.

so every thing in my xbox is stock except for the chip and as far as ur question of if i formatted it no i did not as i did not know i was supposed to do that.

would u be able to point me in the direction of how to format it?

Edited by LGBTQ, 07 January 2006 - 08:11 PM.

#4 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:14 PM

so i get the feeling you have the stock hard drive. if that's the case, a lot of dashboards will automatically show an F drive, even if one doesn't really exist.

#5 LGBTQ

LGBTQ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

so I am screwed unless I get a bigger HD. I only thought there was an f partition since when i ftp in to the xbox an f partition shows up.

BTW here is what I have

xbox v1.6
spiderchip v1.1
evox 3595 that i boot from a cd
hd I would have to crack her open to see as it has been over a yr since i have seen it.

anything else u need to know or might help?

so if i do have the 10 gb drive then the f partition would be 2 gigs but I would have to format it bf i could use it?

#6 jebus989

jebus989

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:06 PM

Most xboxes have the 10gig Hd - you will see f: as an unformatted space and will therefore not be able to use it until its formatted. there are tutorials on xbox-scene.com/tutorials.

cmoz some of your info is wrong or misguided...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users