4 replies to this topic

#1 Squiggle2

Squiggle2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

I am ordering a modchip today and I am looking at either a xecuter 2.6 with USA adapter( for solderless option) Or the Spider V1.1 (For solderless option) Well I am looking and seems mainly the biggest difference in the two are the size of the flash the Xecuter 2.6 is 1MB and the Spider 1.1 is 256k can anyone tell me wich I should order? Or wich is better? Or even jsut send me to a different chip I should buythe main thing im trying to do is install a new harddrive and play backup games please help pop.gif

#2 Vayate

Vayate

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:10 AM

First, make sure you know your Xbox version; installs are different for most versions. Second, get the Xecuter 2.6; 256kb isn't nearly enough space for a decent BIOS.

#3 Squiggle2

Squiggle2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:15 AM

Ok I know what version my xbox is I have a V1.4 ive checked that out myself along with a freind who has a modded 1.4 aswell he told me and I looked at the tutorial on this website and I still am not very smart on this whole modding this (Hits why im useing solderless) But anyways bios are the bios like on the computer? Or is it different like when you reboot the compute rhit dlete you can go and fiddle arround in the bios and fuck up your computer? err i mean Overclock it lol but anyways What exactally are the bios on the xbox used for? and waht do they do?

#4 gazeddy

gazeddy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(Squiggle2 @ Jan 7 2006, 11:22 PM) View Post

Ok I know what version my xbox is I have a V1.4 ive checked that out myself along with a freind who has a modded 1.4 aswell he told me and I looked at the tutorial on this website and I still am not very smart on this whole modding this (Hits why im useing solderless) But anyways bios are the bios like on the computer? Or is it different like when you reboot the compute rhit dlete you can go and fiddle arround in the bios and fuck up your computer? err i mean Overclock it lol but anyways What exactally are the bios on the xbox used for? and waht do they do?

you can fiddle with it but it needs to be done before its put on your chip on your pc,Some bioses can be editied after they have been flashed by use of a config file on your hdd. Theres no overclocking but it is the same sort of thing as a pc bios.

#5 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:48 AM

ok for the x2 i would recomend using an xecuter bios, so get a 512kb bios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users