1 reply to this topic

#1 roveer

roveer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:31 AM

It's January 2006 and I'm going to buy an xbox console in the US and I have a few simple questions that I'm hoping I can get help with.

I've been reading all day about softmodding and it's obvious that there are several dozen different ways to do this. Keeping in mind that I really want xbmc, I would also like to use the xbox for a few games.

I'm very interested in doing the hot-swap method, as I've done similar things when modding my Tivo a few years back.

I'm interested in hearing from those who have softmodded their xbox's (with hot-swap if possible) and could they please let me know what packages they used for this. Like I said, I've been reading all day long, and I'm just a little confused at this point.

What I'd like to know is what should I use?

Hot-swap
xboxhdm?
Dashboard (which one)
Load xbmc (any good guides?)

Also what is important to "backu up" before messing around with this stuff. I want to be able to recover if I screw up.

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully I'm coming off like to big of a noob, it's just that there are so many choices, I'd like to get a good set of steps from someone that has done it with xbmc in mind.

Thanks,

Roveer

#2 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:00 AM

post in Newbie Chat