4 replies to this topic

#1 Larg0

Larg0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:15 AM

I will be running games off of a 7200 RPM HD ALOT. When modding my Xbox, I put the chip too high so it obstructed the placement of the DVD drive. The chip was already stuck in place by a strong adhesive and I didn't want to pull too hard and break it. I cut the side of the Xbox off (the metal part) and moved it down and then duct taped it in place. You don't notice anything when the black case is put back on. Anyway, this blocks the entire left side's ventalation. Should I worry about heat if I get a 7200 drive? Also, what is the normal temperature an Xbox should be? What is getting into the danger zone?

So long,
Larg0

#2 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:19 AM

I just read somewhere that average Xbox temp is ~40`C = ~104`F

I don't think you should get it a lot hotter than this. Also, In another recent post, one guy claimed the best cooling solution was a big gaping hole.

#3 Larg0

Larg0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:22 AM

Holy crap... I dont use the HD for games yet (got stock HD in) and my CPU temp is normally about 120 degrees...

So long,
Larg0

#4 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:24 AM

hmm...well maybe i was wrong. sorry! blink.gif

#5 Larg0

Larg0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 03:08 AM

Oh, I just checked and after running Chrono Trigger off my retail HD for a little bit the Xbox was at 109 and the CPU was around 125.

So long,
Larg0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users