• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xeramako

Xeramako

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:34 AM

Ok the problem is I cannot play Halo 2. When I try it tells me I need to Download the Auto Update then that tries to bring me to the M$ Dash (which I don't have installed) and I get error 21 (which is understandable since it's not there). Anyway here's where I think the problem lies. I had used a program which lets you download 5 homebrew maps from the application iteself. And when I did this it told me to uninstall the AU1.2 cheat fix and to downgrade to 1.1. So I backed up the 1.2 and installed 1.1 from my multiplayer disc. I had some fun with the mods and now I wished to return to XBL. So I reinstalled the 1.2 cheat fix and removed the homebrew DLC. Then I try to load up Halo 2 and I get what I stated in the begining of the post. So is there something that I missed when deleting that won't let me on XBL without updating? (and yes I'm cold booting)

Things I deleted when trying to return online
Homebrew Maps
Replaced AU 1.2
Cleared Cache

I have the following set up
Xbox- All stock parts
Softmod - UnleashX

Side note: I CAN go on Xbox Live with other games just not Halo 2. I CAN go on Halo 2 and Matchmaking with my account if I use my other Xbox.

#2 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:33 AM

reinstall your M$ dash. you should be able to get it from the slayers disk. you probably want to put the disk in the xbox and copy the files manually to the root of the C: drive using the UnleashX file explorer. if it still wont let you update then try copying all of your halo 2 save games to your computer (i think the program that does it is called game save manager or something like that.) and then delete all the halo 2 data from your xbox, copy only the save game that you use back over to the xbox and try to load the game again. you will need to download all the updates again but that shouldnt be a big deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users