12 replies to this topic

#1 dougsdir

dougsdir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:36 PM

I have a standard xbox 10Gb harddisk supplied that came out of an xbox that was softmodded. The harddisk has evox on it and a few apps.
The xbox that it came from now has a 80GB disk in it.

My question is this, can i swap that softmodded 10GB disk with Evox into a brand new xbox that hasnt been softmodded yet and expect it to boot Evox on the new Xbox.

Cheers in advance

Doug

#2 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:56 PM

Nope that won't work. The only way to do that is to get the EEPROM from your non-modded xbox and lock the harddisk with that eeprom. Otherwise it won't work.

Greetz!

#3 joeblow420

joeblow420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:03 PM

well have ya read anything about xboxhdm? U can clone your orig. xbox drive to your 80 gig..i would think that should work ..I am just tryin to put in a 20 gig(something cheap and small) since I dont have any real exp in replacing hdd's..I figured better to start small, then go larger after I get the hang of it. It was pretty easy too..My trouble is in the locking of the new hdd after I made one from scratch.. If you have a softmod then you will need to lock it after you get new hdd ready. I didnt read up on my drive and dont seem like it is lockable sad.gif..Here is a site that will help ya see if yours will be able to be locked..I just found it tonight

http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/

here is xboxhdm for dummies link for cloning and making new hdd's

http://forums.xbox-s...pic=244043&st=0

#4 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:11 PM

Yeah you can clone your disk but you still need the eeprom.bin file of your un-modded xbox to lock the harddisk with. If you don't know what the eeprom is for a little explanation (probably people will say it's wrong but it is a basic story tongue.gif):

The motherboard of the xbox has a code which it uses to lock and unlock the harddisk in the xbox. When the xbox boots up it unlocks the hd with the code and then it can acces it. If the power goes off it locks it with that same code. So if you put in a hd which is locked with a different code it cannot unlock it and acces it. Error occurs. So every xbox motherboard (=mobo for short) has it's own EEPROM code. So you need to lock the hd with the EEPROM of that mobo.

I hope that explains alot.

Greetz!

#5 dougsdir

dougsdir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Acrid @ Jan 10 2006, 12:03 PM) View Post

Nope that won't work. The only way to do that is to get the EEPROM from your non-modded xbox and lock the harddisk with that eeprom. Otherwise it won't work.

Greetz!

thanks Acrid, whats the easiest way to get the EEPROM off an unmodded xbox harddisk. I was under the impression that the EEPROM.BIN file only get's created when you do the BACKUP option on EvoX. Am I right in saying that an unmodded xbox does not contain an eeprom.bin file
Ive seen XBOXHDM, does that create eeprom.bin?

#6 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:26 PM

I would use any of the savegame exploit games if you have them. Use krayzie Ndure installer and you can backup and ftp the eeprom to your pc. Then you can use the eeprom.bin file in combination with xboxhdm to lock you harddisk.

If you don't use the savegame exploits ......... you should ask someone else tongue.gif

#7 dougsdir

dougsdir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:29 PM

I dont have the games to do savegame exploit sad.gif , i think my only other option is to do a hotswap. I have a modchip xbox too, maybe i could use that

#8 joeblow420

joeblow420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:31 PM

yeah from what I gather you use eeprom from your modded xbox to lock and unlock you new hdd...You use the one from your orig xbox hdd and console so that it will "marry" in a sence your new hdd to your motherboard..and I hear that using backup in configmagic is a bit better than evox(if you have a softmod) I hear that some softmods can write a virtual eeprom that could not be the REAL eeprom...just what I have read I am not exactly sure..I have softmod and I backed up w/ both and it seemed to look like same info..atleast for me..depends on your softmod I guess... So what is stoping ya from putting in your modded drive and then back up eeprom and then ftp that to pc, ?

Edited by joeblow420, 10 January 2006 - 01:34 PM.

#9 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:38 PM

Can't help you further. I only get EEPROM files with savegames exploits. Hopefully somebody else knows how to do it with your options.

BTW is your chip soldered or solderless ?

#10 dougsdir

dougsdir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(joeblow420 @ Jan 10 2006, 12:38 PM) View Post

So what is stoping ya from putting in your modded drive and then back up eeprom and then ftp that to pc, ?

Cos surely when i put the modded drive into a brand new unmodded xbox it wont boot cos the eeprom codes are different

#11 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(joeblow420 @ Jan 10 2006, 01:38 PM) View Post

... So what is stoping ya from putting in your modded drive and then back up eeprom and then ftp that to pc, ?

If he puts his modded hdd in the non-modded xbox he will get an error cause the non-modded xbox can't unlock the hdd because the hdd has been locked with the EEPROM of his modded xbox.

That is what's stopping him biggrin.gif

#12 dougsdir

dougsdir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(Acrid @ Jan 10 2006, 12:45 PM) View Post

Can't help you further. I only get EEPROM files with savegames exploits. Hopefully somebody else knows how to do it with your options.

BTW is your chip soldered or solderless ?

My chip is soldered, not sure what one it is

#13 joeblow420

joeblow420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

lol yeah I was thinking it was a new hdd issue it is a new xbox issue..lmao My brain is toasted from tryin to figure out my hdd issues all damn day jester.gif throw in that chip tongue.gif you can also use xboxhdm to softmod it too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users