• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

If you currently have an "Offline Profile", or an "Xbox Live Silver" account with save games/achievements etc...

When upgrading to Xbox Live Silver or Xbox Live Gold DO NOT MAKE A NEW PROFILE. Select your current profile and use the UPGRADE option to UPGRADE that profile to Xbox Live Silver or Gold.

Savegames are embedded in user profiles, they are locked down to offline profiles as much as they are to Xbox Live Gold Profiles. If you create a new profile when signing up for Xbox Live Silver or Gold, you will not be able to access your save games through your new profile EVER.

It's also recommended that if you want to change your GamerTag change it in your profile before performing the upgrade, once you've signed up for Xbox Live it's a 800MS point charge (~$10 us) to change your GamerTag.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 10 January 2006 - 04:17 PM.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:12 PM

UPDATE: Angerwound has found a method of transferring your Savegames between profiles, it DOES NOT however work for Achievements and you will need a Memory Unit. Also you will need to delete the profile the save games came from.

-Insert the Memory Unit and go into the Xbox Dashboard

-In The Xbox Dashboard move to the blade furthest to the right

-Select: Memory --> Hard Drive --> Games --> The profile with the game save you want --> The game --> The game save --> COPY

-Repeat the last step for each save game you'd like to copy

-Remove the memory card

-Select: Memory --> Hard Drive --> Gamer Profiles --> The profile(s) the game save(s) came from --> DELETE

-log out of all profiles

-insert the Memory Unit back into the console

-Select: Memory --> Memory Unit with the save games --> Select "Unrecognized Profile" --> Select the Game for the save game you want --> Select the Game Save you want --> COPY --> Select the Hard Drive

-Repeat the last step for each save game you'd like to copy

***Again I'd like to point out that the above will only copy game progress (NOT Achievements or anything else), It requires a Memory Unit, and it requires that the profile the Games saves came from is destroyed.

#3 slyt

slyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

Well, I "sorta" got to recover my NFS:MW save (different name still)

Looks like Condemned and Kameo cannot be done in this method.

Warning to others who try it.

Not all game saves seem to be transferable between profiles sad.gif

#4 Darkfie1d

Darkfie1d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:09 PM

I need help, please. I had a problem with my internet during pas week and also I bought my 360 then, so I started playing offline, and I've played R6vegas and Oblivion, on my offline profile, when my internet problem solved I tried to retrieve my XBL account (same name with my offline profile) I thought I maybe able to link them so in this way I can have my achievements and gamerscores but unfortunately I was mistakin. is there any way to have my achivments, gamerscores and my saves in my XBL account?

I really want my OBLIVION saves sad.gif(

#5 nero2

nero2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:28 AM

I recently had to switch accounts (bought a used 360 that had an active LIVE account which I used, foolish me). Here is a small list of games that won't copy properly using Angerwound's method:

COD2
COD3
THP8
PGR3
TDU
DOA4
Viva Pinata
Tiger Woods 07

Basically every game I put any time into can't be copied. grr.gif

#6 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:59 PM

stupid me didnt read this before signing into xbl for the 1st time. my achievements are almost at 3000 with my offline profile and when I connected it said that gamertag was taken. so I created a new name and I think it made a whole new account with my "new" name. No achivements etc. When I tried to take my offline profile and just change the name, it says that my email acct is connected to a different name (the "new" name) So how do I cancel/close the "new" acct so I can use my existing profile and just update the name so I can have my achievements etc?
Basically I want to cancel my "jabroniekilla" gamertag that has nothing on it but it connected to my email, and use my existing "Escobar" offline profile to open an online gamertag. I obviously have to change the "escobar" gamertag, but when I do it says my email acct is connected to another gamertag (jabroniekilla)

sorry if this is confusing as hell. any advice would be cool.

Edited by jabroniekilla, 02 February 2007 - 10:59 PM.

#7 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:18 PM

I think you would have to delete the live profile you just created and unregister it with Live. Then take your profile you want to use and change the name.

No wonder you never accepted my friend request laugh.gif

#8 carwarr

carwarr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

OK, Of course I read this post AFTER I did what it said not to, but is there a way to turn the profile back to an offline profile and have the save games work again or when I made it an online profile, did it delete all the saves?

Sorry if this has been posted. I did spend about 2 hours searching xbox-scene. Damn this place is BIG.

Thanks.

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 10 2006, 08:51 AM) View Post

If you currently have an "Offline Profile", or an "Xbox Live Silver" account with save games/achievements etc...

When upgrading to Xbox Live Silver or Xbox Live Gold DO NOT MAKE A NEW PROFILE. Select your current profile and use the UPGRADE option to UPGRADE that profile to Xbox Live Silver or Gold.

#9 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

I'm confused about what you did... and what you're asking doesn't make any sense. Could you explain in better detail what you did, what's wrong, and how you want it to be... use specific gamertag names if you have to.

#10 vettegofast

vettegofast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:35 AM

I think i messed up and did the same thing. I have an offline profile with just my name but it has all my achievments and saved games.

I signed up for Xbox live on my PC before i got my ISP to my 360. So i registered vettegofast as my gamertag and associated it with my email address @hotmail.com.

So now i went to Xbox live and recovered my gamertag and it made a NEW profile with my gamertag instead of putting it on my my offline profile.

SO, my live profile has NO saves or anything.

How can i get the gamertag to my offline profile so i just have ONE profile with my correct gamertag?

#11 DeVante

DeVante

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

A tip:

To people who are eager to jump into the XBOX 360 and Live world and are thinking about creating their Live account and gamertag on the website before they actually get their 360's: DO NOT DO THIS.

Quite a few people - including myself - have problems importing (recovering) their gamertag that they've created on the website.

When you choose to recover/import the gamertag from the 360 menu, it will ask all your info, including the email address and password. Then after you enter everything, it will tell you "XBOX Live signups are unavailable right now. Try later."

But in fact this is some kind of bug that is happening to a lot of people.
There is no fix on the horizon, and even customer support doesn't help much.

So again, do not create your gamertag through the website.
Do it through the 360 menu.

#12 scottchicken

scottchicken

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(DeVante @ Dec 6 2007, 10:09 AM) View Post

So again, do not create your gamertag through the website.
Do it through the 360 menu.

My gf bought me a 360 + gold sub for my bday (2 days time, so everything is still boxed), of course I knew a week ago and went and made a Windows Live ID, a bungie.net logon, and a gamertag linked to both.

I am also going to get my gf her own Gold subscription so she can have her own gamertag with achivements and whatnot.

So basically I should disregard what I've done and both of us sign up with new everything (Windows Live ID gamertag etc) with a different email address from what I used signing up on the website once we plug it in?

(Only just read this when looking for info on whether I needed to get my gf her own gold subscription).

#13 ksleong88

ksleong88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:05 PM

Hi guys,

Im really new to Xbox360 and Live so pardon my noobish questions. I created a new gamertag through the xbox website prior to reading this post and was wondering if i can delete the gamertag cos i dont want to link this to my offline profile. I have yet to link my offline profile to that gamertag though. Also would like to know if its ok to have more than 1 gamertag linked to my email address. Thanks a bunch.

Regards biggrin.gif

#14 toadindahole

toadindahole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

Hi everyone, im just going to ask a probably simple question to some of you, but one i am unsure of as i am pretty new to xbox live. I have also experienced problems with all of the gamertag issues and the recent xbox live downtimes, and was really wondering how i can delete my old profiles with achievements and saved games that i don't really care that much about? For me starting again some games on my xbox live profile isn't such a bad outcome but i think my oblivion files are corrupted so deleting them and my old profile is essential.

Also, if you download addons such as shivering isles for oblivion with your online profile, before you have played and updated oblivion since you got xbox live and a new profile, is your future destined for sadness?

#15 twicked

twicked

X-S Young Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

Jabroniekilla:

1. On online account with your preferred email address you will want to first remove the accounts association with that email address so you can set your offline account to be associated with it.
a ) Go to Marketplace Blade
b ) Go to Account Management
c ) Go to Windows Live ID
d ) Change the associated email to another email address (make a new one, I dont care)

WAIT 30 MINS - 4 HOURS (server delay)

2. On offline account or XBL Silver
a ) Upgrade to Pro or if account name is already taken, choose a new name
b ) Enter your preferred email address that is no longer associated with the old one
c ) Have fun on XBL

Edited by twicked, 04 November 2008 - 06:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users