• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bashara

bashara

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

Basically, I am having problems saving doa4. For some reason, my game save deletes itself. It wasnt so bad when it would delete itself after I beat it with a few characters, but its pretty frustrating when it happens after i unlock helena and the spartan.

The problem seems to be related to how profiles are loaded. It would be great if anyone could help. Thanks.

#2 Snowboard8422

Snowboard8422

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:48 PM

Does't it save automatically.... I have never had any issues.

#3 Fredro

Fredro

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:49 AM

from what ive read..this problem happens when you boot the 360 with the game in the drive. i always take the discs out after playing, so ive never run into this problem.

dont start with the dvd in the 360, and make sure your profile loads before starting DOA.

#4 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 January 2006 - 04:58 AM

Link to info!
Replace "ms" with "m icrosoft" but no spaces in url, to work!

Edited by tonloc79, 11 January 2006 - 04:59 AM.

#5 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:05 AM

if you have multiple profiles on your 360, dont try loading them all, only load the same profile every time.

what its been doing is overwriting your save when you load up a different profile

best way to go about it is to boot up your xbox without the disc, load up your profile, and then load the game

#6 bashara

bashara

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Jan 11 2006, 07:12 AM) View Post

if you have multiple profiles on your 360, dont try loading them all, only load the same profile every time.

what its been doing is overwriting your save when you load up a different profile

best way to go about it is to boot up your xbox without the disc, load up your profile, and then load the game

makes sense, but then how can i play against someone on the same xbox. do i just not load a profile? its a major pita having to re-beat the game with the characters. well, i guess its not that bad since it gives me a reason to continue playing the single player game.

#7 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:18 PM

http://www.xbox-scen...VpZOiuKJBVv.php

^in XS news... apparently it's a glitch in how the game communicates with the profile system

As long as you boot up to the dashboard before booting the game it looks like you'll be fine.

I'm going to go boot mine up to the dash right now, I did a marathon last night and unlocked all the costumes for all but 1 character... I'd hate to loose that sad.gif

#8 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(bashara @ Jan 10 2006, 10:22 PM) View Post

makes sense, but then how can i play against someone on the same xbox. do i just not load a profile? its a major pita having to re-beat the game with the characters. well, i guess its not that bad since it gives me a reason to continue playing the single player game.

Yeah, just load up your profile that has your save game with player one. Then just play 2 player normally. Whatever you do, dont let them save (if it asks to select a save location)

Oh and the whole booting up the dash first, and then loading your profile, instead of just booting the game. The whole reason behind that is to keep the system from auto loading a different profile that may not have your save game on it (thus creating a new save, and erasing your old one).

Edited by Altima NEO, 11 January 2006 - 06:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users