#1 lazzeri

lazzeri

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:44 PM

Hello there!

Im using my XBox with XBMC as an entertainment center, especially for DivX movies and TV Series. I was keeping my files on my main PC and streaming it to XBMC ("as usual").

Last week ive purchased a dedicated external, "networkable" storage central, the SC101 (by Netgear). I was hoping to plug it on my router so i could keep my "streams" on it and watch them freely on XBox, not needing to keep my computer on.

Unfortunately, for my surprise, it requires a software, windows-only, to seek it on the network. The unit assigns itseft an IP via DHCP and the software seeks it on the network and makes it available for the Windows OS.

Problem is: How the heck will i be able to use it on XBox? Anyone ever tried it? Or have an idea of what shoud i try? Ive already tried to add it on XBMC using its IP, but... It does not keep the folders "shared", so i was unable to manually find the files. Argh.

Thanks in advance, best regards,
Lazzeri

#2 ZFLaSH

ZFLaSH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:46 PM

I've installed it on my server and shared it. Do remember that this is a SAN solution. What you want is a NAS. NAS has it's own OS and works stand-alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users