5 replies to this topic

#1 rfmok

rfmok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:35 PM

blink.gif Hey all. I've read about the kiosk king kong demo but wasn't exactly sure why it's a worthy fine. Something about how the developers forgot to lock their source code or something? This allows us to program and mod the 360 at a faster rate? Do they still have this demo available in stores and why is it called kiosk? I don't really get it. I'm a total noob to this. If someone can explain, thanks.

#2 xboxmodder4life

xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

good lord...Alright the kiosk demo disk is the demo given to stores to use in their store demo units..The didnt put a media check on the disk so it can be burned onto any media the 360 will read and play. The only thing that can be done with this disk is change some of the media files, and files without signatures. So basically so far its proven to be useless, except for allowing us to turn the disk into a makeshift HD-DVD by replacing the HD wmv files with other files so u can play whatever movie file you want. Also i've seen some work with editing graphics ingame and shaders nothing major. I don't think and i believe most will agree this disk is pretty useless except for making demo disks, and putting some HD movies on the disk.

#3 jsymon

jsymon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:06 PM

Is there any chance whatsoever that if i put this in my 360 i could be banned from XBLive or have my 360 locked?

#4 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(jsymon @ Jan 11 2006, 11:13 AM) View Post

Is there any chance whatsoever that if i put this in my 360 i could be banned from XBLive or have my 360 locked?

Every time that I have played the demo disk I put it in my drive at startup. When you boot the 360 with the Kiosk Demo Disk already inside the tray the demo will not allow you to connect to xbox live until you exit the demo or take out the disk. So yes you will be perfectly safe

#5 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

Though at least the "king kong demo kiosk" will show up on your last played games (gamercard) biggrin.gif

#6 donttelno1@aol.com

donttelno1@aol.com

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:57 PM

uhh.gif does anyone know how it get"s burned
and do you burn it like any other iso for the old school box?
thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users