tgunz83

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:57 PM

Does anyone else notice it's alot harder to aim in PDZ then let's say COD2? It seems nearly impossible to me to make a small movement by lightly tilting the analog stick in any direction. COD2 the other hand the stick is alot more responsive to small movements... PDZ on the other hand is not.

Or maybe, I just fucking suck.

#2 tommiwan

tommiwan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Bioshock, Crackdown
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:17 PM

How much have you played? I had trouble at first too, but now I'm used to it...

It pisses me off though going form one FPS to another... COD2 screws me up when I jump back to halo 2... I keep ducking when i am trying to melee.

#3 tgunz83

tgunz83

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:25 PM

I've only played twice... lol. I get pissed after like 10 minutes cause of the aiming thing and I put in COD2 laugh.gif

#4 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:51 PM

Yeah the aiming is a little sluggish in PDZ but it's no different than from what it was in Goldeneye from what I remember. The good thing is that you can tweak it to minimize the pain in the @$$.

It's not that bad but I think what makes it worse is the way the enemies always move around.
In most games, enemies just stand there like jack @$$e$ and shoot you. No not in PDZ, these mofo's prance around like little bitches engulfed in flames while high on crystal meth!

Edited by miggidy, 11 January 2006 - 06:53 PM.

#5 tgunz83

tgunz83

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:30 PM

Heh... crystal meth. When you say tweak... is there anything else you can change besides the 0-100 sensitivity value? I've tried low, medium, and high values it still sucks compared to COD2. Is their an acceleration option that I didn't see? Cause now that I think about it accel would produce that kind of movement.

#6 thax

thax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

Doesn't it start out at 100 as well?

#7 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:17 AM

You have to learn how to strafe and shoot. The aiming isint as quick so you have to move with the person your shooting. I dont care for it either. I just play cod 2.

#8 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 11 2006, 12:58 PM) View Post

It's not that bad but I think what makes it worse is the way the enemies always move around.
In most games, enemies just stand there like jack @$$e$ and shoot you. No not in PDZ, these mofo's prance around like little bitches engulfed in flames while high on crystal meth!

I know, that's a bitch. It's like playing Halo 2 with screen-lookers(what I call people who look at your screen to know when you're sniping them). When I've got one of my friend's scoped he just dances back and forth and it's impossible to get a good shot on him. If you move with him you're screwed, if you sit and wait for him to cross back over your sights he won't because he's screen-looking.

And these bots in PDZ are the same. Moving back and forth, taking dives, and then just running right at you like they like to take bullets in their tits. Either that or they run off after you've almost killed them.

#9 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:42 AM

I love the fact that the enemies move around, it is not really done in many fps games and it should because it's realistic. In real life, enemies would run, duck or hide behind cover. But the aiming in this game is pathetic. It is the game's worst trait, in my opinion. It's the reason I barely play online(or offline for that matter) with this game, the aiming is too hard, and I end up realizing it hardly requires skill, more like luck. And that is not fun to me. I love COD2 online, but of its great aiming, it's all about skill with that game(too bad sniper rifle are the only thing used though). But even King Kong has better aiming than PDZ, and that's ridiculous.

#10 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:01 AM

Yeah, run, duck, and hiding is fine and more realistic. They do that in COD2 by hiding behind boxes, sandbags, in trenches and whatnot. PDZ though has them moving around like they were moving around the joystick to do a special move in Street Fighter II. That's not realistic. People don't strafe side to side and move forward and back and dive and then zig zag towards you in real life.

You know how when you're playing multiplayer Halo, PDZ, Bond, COD2 and any fps game with multiplayer and on occassion you turn a corner and get surprised by someone being there. Then you and the other person start strafing in circles shooting at eachother trying to run in for a melee attack. And even though you're both only feet away from eachother the kill takes about 15 seconds because you're just moving too erratically to kill. That's what these PDZ bots do even when they're 50 feet away. It's just nuts. By the way, I don't know about campaign mode, I'm talking multiplayer bots.

#11 JMan8108

JMan8108

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:10 AM

Ive been playing a lot of PDZ and i really like it. I think i am in a minority but im really getting addicted to it. The bot movement is odd but ive got my aim and movement senstivity set just right so it aint that bad. I figure since the bots are that hard to shoot just makes beating people online that much easier.

#12 pingrr

pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:25 PM

I really dislike the zoom aiming. I have it set at 100 and it doesn't seem fast enough. At times I will be zoomed in with a sniper rifle and it doesn;t even move fast enough to keep up with a person who is wuning this is runing with a gun.

#13 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(tgunz83 @ Jan 11 2006, 07:37 PM) View Post

Heh... crystal meth. When you say tweak... is there anything else you can change besides the 0-100 sensitivity value? I've tried low, medium, and high values it still sucks compared to COD2. Is their an acceleration option that I didn't see? Cause now that I think about it accel would produce that kind of movement.

I haven't played COD 2 but I'm sure that game controls better than PDZ from what I hear.
You're not going to get the control you want but you can adjust it at least to what's the most comfortable setting for you. I actually slowed the setting down since the sluggish controls only get worse when you increase the aiming speed. I have the horizontal speed set at 40 and the vertical speed a bit slower at 30, this configuration seems best to me. One thing I noticed while adjusting the aiming was that part of the problem with aiming comes from your regular moving controls. Your character doesn't necessarily stop as soon as you command it to. So there's some kind of delay there. Why Rare didn't fix this is beyond me....

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Jan 12 2006, 03:49 AM) View Post

I love the fact that the enemies move around, it is not really done in many fps games and it should because it's realistic. In real life, enemies would run, duck or hide behind cover. But the aiming in this game is pathetic. It is the game's worst trait, in my opinion. It's the reason I barely play online(or offline for that matter) with this game, the aiming is too hard, and I end up realizing it hardly requires skill, more like luck. And that is not fun to me. I love COD2 online, but of its great aiming, it's all about skill with that game(too bad sniper rifle are the only thing used though). But even King Kong has better aiming than PDZ, and that's ridiculous.

Yeah moving around is a good point, who just wants to stand there and take a bullet in real life?
But you're right though, the sluggish controls do take away some skill when killing enemies.
I find myself unloading full clips just to kill a handful of baddies.
It's a good thing that the weapons are cool, otherwise that would really pull the game back.

I still like the game though, it's pretty addicting to me.
I can't wait to finish this one so that I can get started with COD2

#14 pingrr

pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 12 2006, 12:51 PM) View Post

I still like the game though, it's pretty addicting to me.
I can't wait to finish this one so that I can get started with COD2

It shouldn't take long Perfect Dark is a short game. Only 12 levels. It took me about twice as long to play through Call of Duty.

#15 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(pingrr @ Jan 12 2006, 08:59 PM) View Post

It shouldn't take long Perfect Dark is a short game. Only 12 levels. It took me about twice as long to play through Call of Duty.

Normally a game that takes around 10 - 15 hours to finish,
takes me about two weeks to complete.

I just wish I had more gaming time. I average about an hour a day of gaming five days a week.
Oh do I miss the good old days!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users