#1 vanhalen2342

vanhalen2342

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:38 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to this whole thing. Anyway, I softmodded what I believe is 1.6 Xbox with Splinter Cell gamesave and Evox dash. Like a newbie, I installed XBMP and started jacking around with settings. Now, I realize that there is a sticking regarding this problem. However, I have tried the solutions multiple times to no avail. I'm not even sure if I have the same exact problem?

When I turn on my Xbox (with normal TV), I can hear the MS flubber screen. I can also see it, but the video is very distorted--its black and white, constantly scrolling, and finally seems to be only half (horizontal). After the MS logo, it seems to just freeze, with a bunch of messy looking black and white bars on the screen.

When I turn it on with my X2VGA, i get no video at all. I'm guessing same deal.

I tried Configmagic and enigmah switcher--neither one worked for me? Is a chip my only option? Would restoring my hard drive help?

Thanks.

#2 vanhalen2342

vanhalen2342

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:09 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the bump, but I forgot to include that I used UDE2.

#3 vanhalen2342

vanhalen2342

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

Bumping this, but I have some new questions to add. After I posted last time, I restored my drive using the linux tool. My Xbox actually booted to MSDash (woot), however, seeing as the EEPROM was screwed, the video was obviously stuck in PAL. I booted Splinter Cell and regained access to my Xbox via FTP.

However, I did not reinstall Evox onto my hard drive, for fear of the same thing happening (Xbox was crashing on boot of Evox). I thought that I might be able to use the video switch program merely by booting Evox and running it? It kept giving me Error 21 though. I also tried replacing Evox files on Save Game with Video switch...no go, same error. What is the deal?

#4 vanhalen2342

vanhalen2342

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:13 PM

Sorry, please disregard this. Thankfully I figured it out. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users