Spidergx On 1.6.. Kind Of Working But Need A Bit More
Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:43 PM
Recently put a SpiderGX into a 1.6 XBOX.. Chip boots fine, all LED's on, no fragging.. Followed HackDaBox's tutorial also, wanted to say Thanks to him on a job well done. Okay, here goes:
1.) Which bank is the actual SpiderOS actually kept on? Bank 0? Or is the Spider OS stored on a seperate spot on the chip? I can boot to the Spider OS fine when all dips are in the on position. All settings in the SpiderOS work fine, except that the Spider reports my XBOX as 1.0 - 1.5, so I'm not really sure if that's affecting anything or not. So my first question is: Why is the Spider calling my XBOX a 1.0 - 1.5, and NOT a 1.6?
2.) Does anybody know the exact dip positions for booting to each bank on the Spider? If I have all dips in ON position, the Spider boots to the SpiderOS no matter what. I'm assuming this is correct. However, the other positions listed on the actual control stick (the panel w/ the actual DIPS on it) don't seem right at all. The only way I can get the Spider to boot to another bank, is to set the "Auto-Boot" option to bank 3, then set the dips for "auto" and then it fires up Bank 3. So my 2nd question: Are the bank DIP settings different than what the diagram shows on the control stick, or am I just an idiot? (Don't answer that
3.) What bios is everybody using on these SpiderGX's? I flashed bank 3 with the X2 5035 BIOS (512k), and it boots fine. However, that's all I've been able to boot to on this chip so far. Any other bios that I flash any of the banks with, just produces a frag. I can play backups using the X2 5035 BIOS, but that's about it. I have no way to FTP into the box using the X2 5035 BIOS, because when I try to change my network settings in the X2 5035, it just freezes. So several questions on this:
-Several forums have led me to believe that I can FTP into my BOX using nothing but the X2 5035 BIOS, but I've not been able to do this. Am I wrong?
-I've been unable to upload the config file to my E:\ drive for the X2 5035. How can I do this?
3.) Since I can't FTP into the box, which BIOS can I flash my Spider with on bank 3 (512k) that will actually run and give me more functionality, at least FTP server, so I can install a different dash and start backing up my games to the XBOX hdd and over my network?
Sorry for all the (basic) questions here.. I'm prepared for some flames, but I'm actually looking for some insightful suggestions. Like I said, I've been working on networks and PC's for years, but I need to get this SpiderGX working properly. Thanks in advance guys.. hope to hear some good stuff from you all. Take care...
Zag's Technical Services
Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:31 PM
2) mine worked just fine flashed all banks while trying to make it work
3) you need a dashboard to ftp to your xbox or use slayers install cd(evox dashboard on cd).
try to install the unleshX dashboard cauz it works best with spiderGX.
Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:45 AM
. Turn off Xbox, remove DVD and change DIP switches from all ON to A-Off, B-On, c-Off, D-On. This will force the bios to boot to bank 3 as indicated on the diagram stamped on the Front Panel PCB. VERY IMPORTANT
10. Start Xbox and then place Slayer’s 2.6 DVD in and turn off Xbox. Restart Xbox and it will boot to Slayer’s setup. Format your hard drive and install Apps.
11. Take out Slayer’s DVD and then try booting. Slayer’s should boot but no APPS will work yet. Connect your Xbox and PC to a network hub. Power on Xbox with a UnleashX DVD installed to start UnleashX. Verify that you have gotten an IP address in the network settings. Nothing else needs to be done with UnleashX. In my case I got a 192.168.1.102 IP address. From your PC, using CuteFTP, copy the x2config.ini file from here - My Webpage6and onto your hard drive of your PC. Then using CuteFTP move the x2config.ini file to the root of the f drive on the Xbox.
12. After this is copied and you verify it is on the f drive, you will be able to load games to you hard drive and play them from hard drive with Slayer’s.
Let me know if anything seems unclear. Good Luck!
Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:35 AM
Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:42 AM
Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:08 AM
This is a known BUG as you can see in several other threads .
There is noboby who can give you a way to make all the appz work out of the dashboard !
You have to get another chip like I did ( installed smartXX without changing anything in the x2.ini and it just workz fine).
Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:40 PM
Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:15 AM
Sorry guys i killed my spider gx during testing it ! and i dont really wanna buy another one for testing and helping others as i use duox2 ( soldered chips ) myself.
No matter how many times i tell people to buy other chips theres someone buying one every few seconds then you all find these forums after purchase and need help !
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users