X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 February 2003 - 09:24 AM

Heya,

Yes, I have been thinking of that too. This information can easily be retrieved during the
scanning of the xISO chosen in xISO xFER and later used during the xFER.

Regarding the DOA XBVB problem you are mentioning, I have xFERRED this as well, with
a much 'smaller' computer configuration than you, and it gets xFERRED successfully.

Can't say what the problem might be.

The way I see xISO xFER now, is that it is pretty much 'complete' when it comes to extraction
or xFERRING, codewise. Now is the time for your feature requests, the kind of stuff you would
like to see as a feature in future versions of xISO xFER. It also feels like it's time to remove
the 'b' in the version status as well rolleyes.gif

Keep the feature suggestions, requests coming. You know where to reach me.

Regards,
L!M!T

#32 akg4y

akg4y

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 10:21 PM

One other good feature would be the ability to set a 'queue'... Often times I extract 4-5 ISOs to a directory (from their rar/zip) and then want to transfer each of them, but to do that I have to be around when each one finishes.. itd be nice to be able to say 'put this one here, then this one here, then this one here' and then go eat dinner or something..

#33 Shafted!

Shafted!

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 05:11 AM

Darn! akg4y beat me to the suggestion!

I agree, a queue would be nice, however, it has to also have the abilty to do something else that he may not have mentioned.

It has to be able to create directories in numerical order, say pxgame001, then pxgame002.

Aside from this suggestion, L!M!T, xiso xfer has been working great. I just reformatted my 80 gigger, and been using it to transfer back all my stuffs.

#34 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:45 AM

Ok fellas,

I would really appreciate if you also could mail your requests to me.
My inbox will be the place where I'll be going when applying new features to xISO xFER.

All of your requests has crossed my mind though, along with some additional stuff tongue.gif

People are still experiencing some xISO 'infinite files' problem though... mad.gif
Not on so many ISO's as before, though.. smile.gif

Regards,
L!M!T

#35 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2003 - 11:45 AM

Let's go for 2 suggestions:

A lot of us get the isos from rar files: couldn't you read directly the rars ? (sample code that may help you: jetpak.fr.st (I recommend this unpacker))

I also suggest you port your nice handy app to linux so that we can use our preferred OS.........

Keep up the good work !

Edited by SillYcoNe, 26 February 2003 - 11:46 AM.

#36 Jizzay1

Jizzay1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 08:15 PM

L!M!T

Your app is the SHITTTTTTTTT

I've used it pretty sucessfully lately and have only run into a problem with the infinite size iso's. I just use Xiso and trasfer it the old fashioned way. Keep up the good work.

Also, queue's would be a nice addition, as well as a cancel transfer in the middle button.

#37 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 10:25 PM

wink.gif

Thanks! Glad you guys like it!

Well, that 'infinite files' bug is a true pain in the a**. Don't know if there is any prog out there that really can create true, errorfree xISO's...

Currently slowly working on v0.9b and that version contains an errorcheck for the 'infinite files' bug, so you won't have to CTRL-ALT-DEL your way out of xISO xFER.

I am also looking into the queue/batch job function. Although, I have some bugs to hunt down first, like out of memory errors occuring for users with 64Mb RAM.

Anyway, keep on xFERRiNG, dudes! cool.gif

Regards,
L!M!T

#38 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 11:16 AM

Just wanted to update y'all about v0.9b.

This version will contain the batch job/queue function and the development is progressing
pretty good. If all goes well, then you can expect v0.9b to be released with a new translation
file in a couple of days.

Regards,
L!M!T

#39 waffen

waffen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:58 PM

excellent...your program is one of the coolest utils i have come across in a while. got a whole batch of backups i need to extract and transfer so looking forward very much to new version...

#40 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:11 AM

smile.gif

Like I said earlier, glad you like it!

Have spent the last days trying to get the batchfunction to work and really got a breakthrough
yesterday, so hopefully it *is* working, but I need to test it and verify it before finetuning the
code. Can't even start thinking of releasing it before this is done.

I am also thinking of holding on to this release for a while, trying to add even more features.
Don't know how you fellas react to that, maybe you *need* the batch version and are waiting
for that release more than any other feature?

Regards,
L!M!T

#41 waffen

waffen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 04:28 PM

i'd vote for "release 0.9b when the batch function works well, save the new features for later"

IMHO - small, slick programs that perform one or 2 functions very well are tops. for instance - config magic. the batch function would be an excellent and logical addition to the current program, while any new features might distract away from what xFER was originally designed/used for. not sure what new features you're thinking about adding, but IMO the batch function would be more important.

#42 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 04:56 PM

Affirmitive.

With other features I mean requests by you, the users.
Like being able to control xISO xFER with commandline options, xbFileZilla support etc.

Regards,
L!M!T

Edited by L!M!T, 05 March 2003 - 04:57 PM.

#43 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 07:26 PM

xISO xFER v0.9b released.

Soon up on the XS frontpage I guess.

http://limit.agent55.com/xFER

Regards,
L!M!T

#44 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:43 AM

L!M!T 0wnz !

(do plan to add RAR support (if possible)?)

#45 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 07:39 AM

LOL!

Hehe! Well, although there are some issues with v0.9b as you can read on the page, please download it and help me find the bugs. I have tested it, but since I know how the code works, I might get a little 'blind', therefore, putting xISO xFER to the test, with different setups, conditions etc., is the best way to bring them (the bugs) out. I don't like the fact that I don't have betatesters, except for you, the users, that report the bugs.

Also, I want to point out that I am not a 'programmer per definition', never claimed to be one either, I do this in my sparetime, my knowledge learned by 'trial-and-error', so please respect the fact that we all have the IRL to think of. This is also why xISO xFER contains bugs. I'm trying my best to fix'em up and adding the features you guys request, to the extent of my possibilities.

I will fix the most vital errors in v0.9b within 24 hours and update the xISO xFER download link with the updated version, so please keep an eye on the xISO xFER news page.

Have a good one, fellas!

Regards,
L!M!T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users