#46 Ant2483

Ant2483

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:47 PM

can you tell me what might be causing this error:

Can't create directory! Directory C:xboxxfer09b/xfer09b.exe/dvd already exists?.

That is my location of xiso xfer on my computer but I dont know whats wrong.

Edited by Ant2483, 07 March 2003 - 02:48 PM.

#47 Enigma-

Enigma-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:01 PM

I got an error very similar to that and was gonna post about it when I got home.

BTW, thx for the program L!M!T. wink.gif

#48 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 March 2003 - 05:09 PM

BUG report

1- weird percentage displayed in batch progress bar
2- same error as above that is when you come to the first directory in the iso, you try to create in ./temp the dir but you seem to use the program name instead of the dir

reverting back to 0.8b for now.
BTW I like this new version and I'm sure that it'll rule when the main bug is corrected.

Keep up the good work bro !

#49 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 March 2003 - 07:50 PM

Fellas,

The bug you guys are referring to is a shitty flaw made by me. I have corrected it now, but is still battling with some other bugs.

You should do as SillYcoNe and revert back to v0.8b for now. Working, but no batch feature.

I am gonna work on this on my free time during the weekend. Check in either in Xbox-Scene or the xISO xFER page for news updates.

'til the next time, enjoy the weekend!

Regards,
L!M!T

#50 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 10:14 AM

Thank you for the support L!M!T !
I just want you to know that we really apreciate the work you are doing on this nice piece of software !

Note: I noticed v0.8b sometimes doesn't recognize the name inside the XBE so I think pepole should not rename on the fly but test the display in evox, then rename if necessary (can be reproduced on Kung Fu Chaos (Kung_FU_Chaos_XBOX-Global))

Edited by SillYcoNe, 08 March 2003 - 10:17 AM.

#51 Majstro

Majstro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 09:49 PM

Great work L!M!T !

Yep the error above stoped me from extracting a game that doesnīt work with v0.8b sad.gif but it do look like it will work with v0.9b. So Iīm really looking forward for your release of v0.9b rolleyes.gif

If you are intrested in the error I had itīs on the big game Shenmue II, when I open the iso file the counter "total xISO files" goes up and up witout stoping and the only way to stop it is ctrl+alt+del. (no problem with other backups) Same thing on all older versions. But on 0.9b it stoped on 4.5Gb which is correct. laugh.gif yeah baby =)

Again Nice work beerchug.gif

-=Majstro=-

Edited by Majstro, 08 March 2003 - 09:50 PM.

#52 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2003 - 06:52 PM

Can't wait for the next release.... should be within 5 hours i reckon as he said by the end of the weekend!
to LiMiT!
this program rocks and makes it sooooooo much easier to transfer them to my xbox.
cheers for it!
however i was wondering if there was a way of possibly adding a feature so you can do it to two xbox's at once? as my cousin always brings his xbox to mine and it would be good if i could do them both at once to save time!
well heres hoping!

#53 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 05:50 AM

Well, the new Updated version, v0.9bU, was released and is available both here and there tongue.gif
Hope it works for you this time, guys!

Regards,
L!M!T

#54 Majstro

Majstro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 03:56 PM

Nice work L!M!T !

Havenīt had any errors so far biggrin.gif
Sometimes I loose connection to my box in the midle of a transfer but I think itīs my cable or sumthing tongue.gif

-=Majstro=-

#55 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:54 PM

biggrin.gif

Well, the XBE renaming feature was *not* functioning correctly in the v0.9bU.
This has been fixed and another bug was killed as well. The version number has not changed
but it is available from the xISO xFER page, #Xbins and soon on Xbox-Scene!

Sorry for the double DL for you guys!

Regards,
L!M!T

#56 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 10:19 PM

...the upcoming version of xISO xFER will be compatible with XISO v1.1 created xISO's...

Isn't that great? cool.gif

Regards,
L!M!T

#57 slotboxed

slotboxed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (SillYcoNe @ Mar 7 2003, 07:43 AM)
RAR support (if possible)?

I second or third that. I have some rar files containing xISO's larger than 4 gigabytes, which I cannot extract on Win98. For now, I'll just have to see if I can extract them in PhatLinux onto an ext2 drive I have, then use xbiso or extract-xiso to unpack the xISO's. I don't have networking set up in PhatLinux, so I'll then copy the files xbiso extracts back to my 98 drive to transfer them to the Xbox.

Anyway, good work. It's what I use for everything smaller.

#58 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 12:47 PM

slotboxed,

How would RAR support in xISO xFER help you in this case?
xISO xFER still needs the entire xISO, not the ISO chunks inside the RARs.

uhh.gif

Regards,
L!M!T

FYI: RAR support will probably not be implemented.

#59 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:24 PM

To slotboxed:
Stop using windoze 9x, get to windows 2K or XP, use NTFS filesystems and you'll be able to extract files larger than 4GB.

To L!M!T:
I dunno how you work on the isos but if you don't need to read the entire thing before proceeding then you may be able to decode the iso 'on the fly'. Am I wrong ? Take a look at the source code of jetpak2 that I mentioned before if interested.
Thanks again for your nice and handy proggy !
beerchug.gif

#60 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:36 PM

SillYcoNe,

The xISO would be split up in all these RAR archives and upon extracting the xISO in xISO xFER, I would have to find in which RAR acrhive the current file (in the xISO) is, where in that particular RAR archive it resides and then extract the RAR archive, then the file from that xISO chunk.

As far as I know, you cannot extract specific RAR files (R00, R01/part01, part02...).

If that isn't possible, one would have to extract all RAR files until you hit the correct RAR part file, check if it spans over multiple part files, abort RAR extraction, create any eventual directory trees where the file should be extracted (if not already exists), extract the file from the xISO chunk, delete the xISO chunk, and start all over again.

So, as you might understand, not only is it not worthwhile, it is simply not the optimal condition for xISO xFER to work in (regarding speed and so on...).

I think you would go back to use WinRAR to extract the xISO image and then use xISO xFER, or any ISO tool of your choice to extract the files.

Regards,
L!M!T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users