• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 May 2003 - 06:48 PM

Hey fellas,

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

I just want to say that although I exist in the background, Devenic and Phiberz are the 'official' developers of xISO xFER now. I 'gave birth' to an app and they are refining and enhancing it. I can say that I don't regret choosing these guys as official developers for the future xISO xFER releases. And I don't think you guys will regret that either.

Like Devenic said in the post above, it won't be long until the enhanced and refined version of xISO xFER will be released, so just hang tight.

Regards,
L!M!T

#122 winnieandbuzz

winnieandbuzz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:10 PM

To the programmers: what is the URL of your 'official' website?

#123 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:42 AM

I am not a programer... blink.gif

Their official website is: xISO xFER

It is mostly up... But when I posted this it was down.... L!M!T must be taking care of something... Keep trying this link... It is their official one for xISO xFer.... cool.gif

Site is back up.... grr.gif

Edited by PLUTO 3.14, 12 May 2003 - 10:37 AM.

#124 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 May 2003 - 03:27 PM

Ok...it looks like we're one final nasty/important fix away from release. Not sure when we'll be done with it, but we'll announce here and on the main xbox-scene news as soon as it's available.

As a result of this last fix, the new version should open a lot more ISOs that were previously reported to be corrupt, and correctly identify corrupt ISOs that were reported to be fine.

The website will be changing in the near future, and hopefully we'll be able to provide the new URL with the release, or soon after.

#125 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 10:13 PM

Team xFER has released xISO xFER 2.0.

Added features:

• Direct "ISO-to-FTP" transfers

• - does not extract to memory; does not create temp files
    • - directly uploaded from the ISO to the Xbox

• New "Scan Folders" feature to find all ISOs in any drive/folder

• - Can scan an entire drive or subfolder tree
    • - Place checkmarks next to files to add to the batch
    • - Scan multiple drives/folders before adding to the batch

• Long filename handling

• - When using FTP and filenames are longer than 42 characters
    • - You can either rename or skip individual files
    • - Should help with ISOs designed to run only from the DVD

• Improved XBE patching

• - Uses a new experimental patching technique
    • - Default.xbe is only patched if necessary
    • - An option is available to backup the original XBE
    • - Can also revert to the older xFER patching method

• Improved batch mode

• - New user interface
    • - More robust transfers

• xbFileZilla mode is now autodetected
  • Avalaunch 0.44 and higher are autodetected

• - more/better support coming soon

• Improved ISO compatibility

• - xFER should now be able to read all uncorrupted ISOs
    • - xISO <= 1.1 Compatibility is now automatic
    • - Tested with xISO <= v1.1, SimpleX ISO, gdfimage

• Improved file extraction

• - You can now pick the directory for extraction

• Progress bars now reflect bytes transferred instead of filecount
  • Improved drag and drop support (including batch mode)
  • Game directory name now defaults to game title
  • ISOs containing a lot of files should open faster
  • Significant changes/enhancements to the underlying code
  • ISOs are no longer locked while in use (read-only shared mode)
  • Many bug fixes (they've all been replaced with new bugs)
  • Retains most of the old look - we liked it!
  • Still supports language translations

Edited by Devenic, 15 May 2003 - 10:28 PM.

#126 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:42 PM

Congrats to Devenic & Team xFER for all their hard work in getting this release out. I have had the privilege of testing it in the last phases and must tell you that it is the best!

Not only does it work extremely well and use very low resources, it gets around that pesky RAM extraction problem and now transfers files directly. It also is capable of fixing most issues in improperly encoded xISO files and has a great batch file handling system. It is truly amazing.

Enjoy it and please post your feedback on any issues here so that Devenic & Team xFER can address them.

Edited by 1wolf1, 15 May 2003 - 11:46 PM.

#127 digiblur

digiblur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:03 AM

I've used the version with "XBOX ISO Transfer 1.0 By Andrew" at the top with no problems whatsoever. I would like to use the new version of this program but for some reason it just hangs on the first file on the FTP session. I can extract to the local HD with no problem. I put in my xbox IP which is 10.0.0.8 with the user/pass of xbox. I told it to go to F:hddloader instead of F:games. It connects then ask me what directory. I accept the name then it hangs. I've tried all kinds of things from to letting it FTP under Avalaunch instead of Evox, to different directories and partitions, different XISO files, different folders. It all does the same thing. One thing that is weird is...when I FTP to the xbox and check the directory of hddloader I see the directory it created and the first filename with a filesize of zero. So it is connecting to the xbox correctly.

Any ideas?

(NOTE: forum removed backslash from path.)

#128 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (digiblur @ May 16 2003, 01:03 AM)
I would like to use the new version of this program but for some reason it just hangs on the first file on the FTP session.

Have you tried a different ISO? If not, try that and see if you still have a problem. This is a pretty significant update to the code, so it's liable to run into problems that haven't been encountered before.

What ISO are you trying to transfer? What operating system are you using?

FWIW, we've had 8 people work with this release and no one ran into that problem. It's got to be something we can track down. I'll be out of town for the next 5 days, so if you haven't figured out the issue by the time I get back, I'll try to help you figure it out.

Edited by Devenic, 16 May 2003 - 04:40 AM.

#129 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 May 2003 - 05:48 AM

Would it be possible to post the new version of xISO xFER to L!M!T's site so everyone know which version is which ?
Keep up the god work ppl beerchug.gif

#130 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (digiblur @ May 16 2003, 05:03 AM)
I've used the version with "XBOX ISO Transfer 1.0 By Andrew" at the top with no problems whatsoever.  I would like to use the new version of this program but for some reason it just hangs on the first file on the FTP session.  I can extract to the local HD with no problem.  I put in my xbox IP which is 10.0.0.8 with the user/pass of xbox.  I told it to go to F:hddloader instead of F:games.  It connects then ask me what directory.  I accept the name then it hangs.  I've tried all kinds of things from to letting it FTP under Avalaunch instead of Evox, to different directories and partitions, different XISO files, different folders.  It all does the same thing.  One thing that is weird is...when I FTP to the xbox and check the directory of hddloader I see the directory it created and the first filename with a filesize of zero.  So it is connecting to the xbox correctly.

Any ideas?

Yep, problem solved :-) use "F:\hddloader " not "F:hddloader "

It's all in the slash... said Slayer... laugh.gif

Edited by 1wolf1, 16 May 2003 - 07:28 AM.

#131 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 May 2003 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (SillYcoNe @ May 16 2003, 07:48 AM)
Would it be possible to post the new version of xISO xFER to L!M!T's site so everyone know which version is which ?
Keep up the god work ppl beerchug.gif

Yes, the new version will be available from the xISO xFER site as soon as I can get it up there. Currently suffering from DNS f*ckups, but as soon as they are resolved, v2.0 will be available on that page.

Also, as Devenic posted earlier, there will be some re-organizing when it comes to the webpage (and some other stuff). wink.gif

Regards,
L!M!T

#132 digiblur

digiblur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (1wolf1 @ May 16 2003, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (digiblur @ May 16 2003, 05:03 AM)
told it to go to F:hddloader instead of F:games.  It connects then ask me what directory.  I accept the name then it hangs.  I've tried all kinds of things from to letting it FTP under Avalaunch instead of Evox, to different directories and partitions, different XISO files, different folders.  It all does the same thing.   One thing that is weird is...when I FTP to the xbox and check the directory of hddloader I see the directory it created and the first filename with a filesize of zero.   So it is connecting to the xbox correctly.

Any ideas?

Yep, problem solved :-) use "F:hddloader " not "F:hddloader "

It's all in the slash... said Slayer... laugh.gif

Nope. The backslash is there. Check the "NOTE" at the end of the message. I do indeed have "F:hddloader". I have tried multiple ISO's. I will try a few more tonight.

I've tried just about everything I can think of. Different dashboards. Different paths. Different ISO's. The only other thing I can think of is I'm using 10.0.0.x IP's in my network. I might try a 192.168.x.x IP tonight.

Don't assume I don't know much about the xbox mod scene just because I don't post much. smile.gif

#133 digiblur

digiblur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 10:24 PM

Tried a 192.168.x.x IP and still no go. It FTP's to the xbox, makes the directory, and writes the first file with a size of 0 and stops. The application doesn't hang it just doesn't copy. The clock will continue running. I even check the task manager and the CPU utilization is nil. I hit abort and it aborts also. I guess I will go back to the old version for now. BTW.. The OS is XP. I've tried about 10 different ISO's so far that none of the other ISO programs have a problem with. It sounds to me like there is something wrong with the FTP part of the program.

#134 Shafted!

Shafted!

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:05 AM

Hey all,

I was one of L!M!T's beta testers. I got an email a while back asking to be a tester again, and then several things happened.

1. no more modchip - sold it at an insane price, i couldn't resist
2. hdd died, lost the email address of who emailed me before.

I recently had a friend over, and he asked me to put more backups on his xbox. I used the new xFer, and i must say, it is totally kick ass. I had no problems whatsoever. On the fly was truly on the fly, the new version is very good. Good work guys.

I still haven't gotten a mod chip yet (sigh, waiting on chameleon), but i'm still willing to beta once i do get one.

Cheers,
S!

#135 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (digiblur @ May 18 2003, 11:24 PM)
Tried a 192.168.x.x IP and still no go.  It FTP's to the xbox, makes the directory, and writes the first file with a size of 0 and stops.  The application doesn't hang it just doesn't copy.  The clock will continue running.  I even check the task manager and the CPU utilization is nil.  I hit abort and it aborts also.  I guess I will go back to the old version for now.  BTW.. The OS is XP.  I've tried about 10 different ISO's so far that none of the other ISO programs have a problem with.  It sounds to me like there is something wrong with the FTP part of the program.

I am unsure what is happening, but I can tell you that this is isolated to your configuration. I have tried over 207 ISO's laugh.gif with this program and ALL worked!!!

Maybe you can provide more detailed info about your setup. IP info for both your PC and the Xbox, complete with subnet mask, gateway, etc, as well as what ISO's you've tried, whether regular FTP software works and which one, what regular FTP settings work, etc.

The more detailed you are the easier and faster it will be to solve this.

Edited by 1wolf1, 19 May 2003 - 04:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users