amb7247

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

I alawys exit all my games the proper way, hit guide button to to dash. Hold guide button chose yes to shut down. But for some weird reason my profie has gotten messed up. I can do my career and it works. But when I do challanges right when it comes to the screen where I can see my car, it freezes. DOesn't matter the challenge.

So I thought, what if I create a new profile. BINGO. All challenges work and now I'm redoing my blacklist races again. Not happy but at least I figured out what went wrong. Just thought I'd share.

#2 pingrr

pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:49 PM

I had the same problem evrytime I would pick a chalenge it would lock up while still in the garage. To fix this I did the following.

opened up my career and picked free roam
drove to the next race.
won the race.
saved the game.

I havn't had a problem since.

#3 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:32 PM

yeah I think my issue is a bit deeper. Even when I try to switch profiles it locks up on the one that is messing me up. Other one works perfect.

#4 pingrr

pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:04 AM

Have you tried goiing into free roam instead of skiping to the challenge?

#5 FreewayX327

FreewayX327

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:19 AM

I'm not really helping here but do you really have to hit the guide button, go to the dash, and shut it off for there. what could happen if i just shut it off from the game.

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(FreewayX327 @ Jan 12 2006, 08:26 PM) View Post

I'm not really helping here but do you really have to hit the guide button, go to the dash, and shut it off for there. what could happen if i just shut it off from the game.

Nothing, it doesn't matter how you shut it off as long as the console remains plugged in.

The power button isn't actually a power switch, it's just a soft-button that tells the console to go through its shut down procedure; no different then selecting shutdown from the guide.

One thing that DOES matter is how you boot up. You shouldn't boot with a disc in the drive... there are a few games that corrupt your save game when the console is booted with the disc in the drive. It has something to do with auto loading profiles (which I'd recommend turning off if you have it on).

If you left a game disc in the drive the best thing to do is boot up the console using the eject button instead of the power button, wait for the dash and your profile to fully load then put the disc back in... at least until the games are patched.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 13 January 2006 - 02:31 PM.

#7 mungie3

mungie3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:41 PM

I've played Condemned, nfs, call of duty, and the game with the chick shooting crap....
I've played all of those games with the disk in the drive when booting up... no problems yet.

I hate all of the posers in nfs. They look really retarded.

It was on friend's 360, so thats why i cant remember the name of the game with the chick shooting crap.

Edited by mungie3, 13 January 2006 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users