5 replies to this topic

#1 timmygcsc2308

timmygcsc2308

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:41 PM

hi,

I finished downloading Auto Installer Deluxe last night. I thought I would be downloading an ISO but instead I have the directory struture with the individual files. My question is, where do I go from here? burn the files directly to a DVD? Create a standard ISO with the files? Or create an xbox ISO with the files?

If I have to create an ISO is there anything I need to know? And what program can I use to make an xbox ISO? smile.gif

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

The 657k PDF document with it is actually the manual. Its got chapter and verse on it

#3 timmygcsc2308

timmygcsc2308

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:40 PM

biggrin.gif Lol thanks chancer, I had better stop asking questions otherwise you might start charging! Just one more.
Reading through the guide, there is an option to backup your HDD, but in the text it states this will backup the contents of your HDD to a zip file and put it onto another partition.
I want to change the HDD at the same time, so basically I want to backup my existing game saves (can't lose my Forza cars!) to my PC without installing EvoX, I.E. be able to do this through AID's menus. Then stick in the bigger harddrive, format it, prepare the drive and install evox and some apps, then restore the gamesaves.
Possible?

Thanks again for your help, really appreciated. smile.gif

#4 _quaKe

_quaKe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:04 PM

of course, i dont know if you get ftp access with the aid cd in there but you could try i suppose

Edited by _quaKe, 13 January 2006 - 06:05 PM.

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

I would usually boot from the autoinstaller. Back up the Eeprom. Then connect via ftp and copy the back up folder(This will have the backed up eeprom in it) to the PC. (Booting from the Autoinstaller will allow FTP access). I would at that point back up your game saves and anything else you wish to keep (xboxdash files etc).
Then unlock the drive and remove it.
Fit the new drive and boot with the Autoinstaller in and build and format the drive , install the dashes and apps.
Connect via FTP to transfer stuff back that you want on the drive.
Lock the drive last when everything is working as you wish

#6 timmygcsc2308

timmygcsc2308

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jan 13 2006, 05:14 PM) View Post

I would usually boot from the autoinstaller. Back up the Eeprom. Then connect via ftp and copy the back up folder(This will have the backed up eeprom in it) to the PC. (Booting from the Autoinstaller will allow FTP access). I would at that point back up your game saves and anything else you wish to keep (xboxdash files etc).
Then unlock the drive and remove it.
Fit the new drive and boot with the Autoinstaller in and build and format the drive , install the dashes and apps.
Connect via FTP to transfer stuff back that you want on the drive.
Lock the drive last when everything is working as you wish

You're a bl00dy genius my friend, thankyou again. And you are from the UK aswell..what a bonus! We rule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users