deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

Ive copied over some of the ending movies on this game to my computer cuz i think they did a really great job on them. Im wondering if there would be any harm in allowing people to get these videos from me as well if they want them.

#2 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

Im sure there are people without the game that would be interested in seeing them, I dont think theres any harm in that as long as you say SOILERS!

#3 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

I didnt even know there was a story line or anything lol

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:47 PM

It would be illegal for you to distribute the end movies...

and you would probably get banned from the XS forums if you offered them up here...
it's a good thing you asked first.

Also Team Ninja didn't made the end videos... if you watch the credits (attached to Helena's video) the videos were contracted out to other companies/teams...

#5 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:50 PM

Thats very interesting they didnt do them themselves. Thanks for your info thats what i figured but i just wanted to make sure, if got banned on here i dont know what i would do smile.gif

#6 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:14 PM

Graphically speaking, they look nice, but in every other sense, the end movies are absolute crap. It's obvious they made some of them so adult losers and young boys can gratify themselves. The train ride? The mermaid? Utter nonsense. rolleyes.gif The ones that aren't erotic and stupid are just plain stupid. While watching the train ending, I actually laughed out loud. You know there's somebody out there that'll beat off to them like there's no tomorrow. laugh.gif I'm not referring to you, deakphreak. I'm talking about the dorks and losers that watch hentai and schoolgirl animé and think that "it's all about the art." laugh.gif

#7 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:24 PM

You mean its ilegal to record a clip of a game and show it off?

#8 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 13 2006, 06:21 PM) View Post

Graphically speaking, they look nice, but in every other sense, the end movies are absolute crap. It's obvious they made some of them so adult losers and young boys can gratify themselves. The train ride? The mermaid? Utter nonsense. rolleyes.gif The ones that aren't erotic and stupid are just plain stupid. While watching the train ending, I actually laughed out loud. You know there's somebody out there that'll beat off to them like there's no tomorrow. laugh.gif I'm not referring to you, deakphreak. I'm talking about the dorks and losers that watch hentai and schoolgirl animé and think that "it's all about the art." laugh.gif

I do agree with you there and i did laugh out loud on the train one as well, that one is my favorite, not because of her boobs poppin out but just because it is funny. I personally think the videos were put together very well.

#9 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

^ Actually, I retract my statement about all of them sucking. The Jann Lee video was cool. I liked that one.

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Jan 13 2006, 12:31 PM) View Post
You mean its ilegal to record a clip of a game and show it off?
I think so because it's not public domain. I don't know all of the technicalities of it, though. Someone requested the 360's intro movie about a week ago. Someone (I forgot who) even offered to record it (VCR/tuner/whatever) for him as opposed to extracting it directly from the machine, and the thread got closed soon after.

#10 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

The videos reminded me more of what Id expect from the next DOAX VB, ofcourse I liked them all, especially Leifangs(train) and Hitomis. I dont watch Hentai and whatever else so dont start the accusations laugh.gif If I did Id freely admit it like I do everything else.

I didnt like the old guy honking on my wifes boobies though. Im glad she kicked his ass smile.gif

#11 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:27 PM

I don't think there is any problem with gameplay... but recording of the FMV is infringement territory

It's a fine line, but where the ending videos are theoretically something you'd be paying for to play and eventually see, Tecmo/Team Ninja would probably not like it. Video of some combo you did is different because it's not like that video is allowing people to experience the gameplay which is what you'd be playing for in that respect.

Again it's a fine line but Tecmo/Team Ninja is particularly brutal about that sort of stuff... (eg the whole ninja-hacker fiasco) and where XS typically walks the line of legality in other respects our tolerance for stuff like that is pretty low... Starting to allow that sort of stuff brings unnecessary attension and too much of it could easily have the site shut-down.

#12 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 13 2006, 12:21 PM) View Post

i watch a lot of anime and japanese movies and almost anything japanese related with entertainment has the same kind of sexual influence and over-the-top sense of humor featured in the ending films. the entire series has had a sexual theme so acting surprised by some of the endings just means your not familiar with the series as a whole or just not familiar with japan and anime influenced material.

#13 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

As I was watching some of them when kage was over, I looked over at him and said "Itagakis got to lay off the crackpipe once in a while" hahahahaha

Yeah, anyone thats familiar with Itagakis work shouldnt be startled by the movies endings. I bet any videos in DOAX VB 2 resemble these.

I want more!!

#14 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 13 2006, 07:34 PM) View Post

I don't think there is any problem with gameplay... but recording of the FMV is infringement territory

It's a fine line, but where the ending videos are theoretically something you'd be paying for to play and eventually see, Tecmo/Team Ninja would probably not like it. Video of some combo you did is different because it's not like that video is allowing people to experience the gameplay which is what you'd be playing for in that respect.

Again it's a fine line but Tecmo/Team Ninja is particularly brutal about that sort of stuff... (eg the whole ninja-hacker fiasco) and where XS typically walks the line of legality in other respects our tolerance for stuff like that is pretty low... Starting to allow that sort of stuff brings unnecessary attension and too much of it could easily have the site shut-down.

Yea and if you record gameplay, its not actually MADE by them if that makes sense, its more of you using the game to create the fight. The movies at the end are pre rendered and like twisted said, "You earn them by playing the game" Its their hard work of making the movies and thats why. I should have thought it through a lil more before posting it but it made for a good discussion either way wink.gif

#15 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:57 PM

well hopefully a few people are a little clearer about it, i kknow i am!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users