• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 forthepeople

forthepeople

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:33 PM

I have a 160 gig western digital that was formated for my xbox. I want to format it for windows storage. It shows up in my device manager and under the disk manager as 149.05GB unallocated and when I right click it just gives properties. How can I format this drive so windows can read it? When its in my xbox the Hard Disk Info says Security Lock Disabled.

#2 viper_1986_1986

viper_1986_1986

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:35 PM

i don't know jack about xbox harddrive but i believe a low level format should work on ANY harddrive.
good it to find out

#3 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

Try useing xboxhdm to wipe the fatx partitions if you havent allready...That would cause your problem..the pcs operating system cant recognize the fatx partitions...i think there are other programs that will wipe the fatx too..im gonna go check it out..

#4 Jrgong420

Jrgong420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:00 PM

I was able to format an xbox hdd when doing a fresh install of windows on it using the boot discs

#5 sharon

sharon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

I am not sure, but you could try this (I think I did it this way).

Connect the Xbox HD to your PC. Then rightclick on "My Computer". Select "Manage"....look for the "Disk Management".....and select that. You will see your HD in the right side (pane). Select the HD and delete any partitions (not the PC HD) of the xboxhd. Then create partitions and format (all you need is right click the mouse.

#6 pichon

pichon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:42 AM

I have also wiped a fatx partition with windows boot disks. make sure the drive is unlocked first or nothing will biggrin.gif work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users