• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Majorplyr1

Majorplyr1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:15 AM

Just flased my X3CE w/ X3 3294 BIOS. Am I good to go? or do I need to install a dashboard..I want to change the way my MS dashboard looks. I now the X3 3294 comes w/ mult. skins but what EXACTLY is the purpose of a DASHBOARD like AVALAUNCH?? OR is X3 3294 already is a dashboard??

As you can see I am a TOTAL n00b. Please help.

#2 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(Majorplyr1 @ Jan 13 2006, 11:22 PM) View Post

Just flased my X3CE w/ X3 3294 BIOS. Am I good to go? or do I need to install a dashboard..I want to change the way my MS dashboard looks. I now the X3 3294 comes w/ mult. skins but what EXACTLY is the purpose of a DASHBOARD like AVALAUNCH?? OR is X3 3294 already is a dashboard??

As you can see I am a TOTAL n00b. Please help.

A bios in thoeretics is what you "use" to boot a dashboard: Compare the following to a computer bios-- it searches for bootable code on a hard drive beit as an operating system. (Dashboard=Operating System).
You would place the dashboard and all appropriate files needed to be used by the dashboard according to what drive the bios boots for you, E.G. If you use EvoX with a Bios that boots from your C: partition you would put in basics 3 folders 1)named "Skins" 2)named "Bios" 3)named "Trainers" (If you use the cheat function) and 2 files evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini, including the originial stock M$ dashboard and appropriate files. Usually people store there games/movies/music/apps and any of the such on the F: partition in appropriately named folders. E.G. F:\Apps , F:\Videos etc. If you have any other questions or comments just ask or you can email me @ jrracinfan@aol.com

PS I do have IMs forwarded to my mobile so you can always IM me and I will answer you in timely manner.

JrFan

#3 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:23 AM

Why: http://www.xbox-scen...innersguide.php

How: http://home.comcast....nstallation.htm