Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:05 PM

1. The insane difficulty level - I like a challenge once in a while, but this game takes the piss.

2. The online scoring system - They have made it pretty much impossible to have an online friendly game, since every single fight counts against your rating score, it's absolutely pathetic.

I guess to summarise, this is a development team that wants to make extremely pretty games which are about as fun to play and experiment with as testicular cancer. It's a shame, because DOA4 really should be a great game, but for some reason it's creators seem to have worked like pigs to make sure that it's as miserable and unenjoyable as possible. If I can think of any further reasons to add to this, then I will add them, and you guys please feel free to add your own.

As far as I'm concerned, if Sony want Team Ninja and Tecmo for the PS3, then they can have them, I would rather play Soul Calibur anyway.

#2 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:33 PM

I agree with a few of your statements. For one, the online scoring system really makes me not want to play online. It seems like it is very easy to lose your rank. If the other fighter is just a smaller C and you are a C+ you end up gaining little and losing a lot. Another thing that upsets me is that one of my online friends can't fight me. If he beats me, he gets points, if I beat him it says unofficial match; even though he ranked slightly higher than myself.

I don't think the graphics are amazing. Most of it looks like a higher res DOA3. The clothes look very nice at times though. It's sort of an Xbox+1 look.

It's really not that hard. The time attack is the only problem. The boss was about as cheap as they come. Their tweaking with the reversals doesn't make her any easier. I think that if they really wanted to fix the gameplay, they should have axed the reveresals alltogether. Instead you pay a big risk for a 1 in 6 chance of reversing. On top of that the blocking mechanics are not forgiving.

I do like Team Ninja however. Their Xbox software was amazing and though little has changed, the 360 will get gorgeous games in the future from them. Please don't be so hard on them, they are working on a new multi-core system.

#3 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:43 PM

I'm trying not to be, honestly, and like you say they are working with all new technology which even MS don't know how to utilise properly yet, although the prize for best initial attempt easily goes to Bizarre Creations, it seems that British developers seem to be the most fluent with this system right now.

Some of the textures in DOA4 are beyond shit, but I can forgive that, as there's a learning curve to game design. What I don't think there is any call for is for some of the things that I have mentioned above, and none of those things have anything to do with the sdk, they have purposely made the AI rediculously difficult, they did it with Ninja Gaiden as well if you remember, and their policy as developers seems to revolve around sucking as much fun out of their products for the end user as possible. Games are meant to be enjoyed, where is the point in releasing a game that isn't fun ?

#4 MN-Mod-Man

MN-Mod-Man

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

I'm sorry I have to call BULLSHIT while I agree Team Ninja games do ramp up the difficulty I rather enjoy them for this reason get some damn skill, as for the Online Ranking system I have yet to play online as I'm waiting for my arcade stick (Monday Jan. 16th) then it will be open season on the n00bs..... If you like Soul Calibur so much sell you 360 and go play the Gaystation! tongue.gif And by the Way THIS GAME IS FUN ONCE YOU ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO PLAY!

Edited by MN-Mod-Man, 14 January 2006 - 03:58 PM.

#5 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:09 PM

The online does annoy me a bit with the rankings but everything else is just fine. Saying the graphics arent up to par with next get is just dumb. The graphics look great and who are you to say where the barrior is on next gen graphics. Not EVERY game is going to have killer graphics. I personally think they look ausome in HD but anyway back to the other thing, the difficulty is just right. Sure you get mad when they keep countering your moves but what if the game was just super easy, you would beat it within a few minutes and then what? The game would just be boring because you beat it so easy. Games are meant to be challenging.

#6 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(MN-Mod-Man @ Jan 14 2006, 05:04 PM) View Post

I'm sorry I have to call BULLSHIT while I agree Team Ninja games do ramp up the difficulty I rather enjoy them for this reason get some damn skill, as for the Online Ranking system I have yet to play online as I'm waiting for my arcade stick (Monday Jan. 16th) then it will be open season on the n00bs..... If you like Soul Calibur so much sell you 360 and go play the Gaystation! tongue.gif And by the Way THIS GAME IS FUN ONCE YOU ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO PLAY!

I already know how to play dickhead, and hopefully I'll see you and your fucking arcade stick online next week and I'll kick your fucking skull in.

It's my opinion, and if you don't like it, get the fuck out of my thread.

And this game isn't challenging, it's rediculously difficult just like ninja gaiden was, like I said earlier, I'm all for a challenge, but the fact that the AI is all over the place in the single player mode, and the time attack mode which can only be described as irritating, spoil the experience somewhat. This game isn't fun at all, it's pathetic, and the only delight I seem to be able to derive from it is wiping smiles off the faces of wankers online when I beat them, like the above mod mn twat.

Edited by Spark, 14 January 2006 - 04:17 PM.

#7 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:16 PM

Even though what he said was a little harsh everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think this topic is kind of dumb and you should be expecting to get some harsh comments. Do you expect every game to be simple and just hand you the prize? If the game is too tough for you then sell it and get a new game or rent them first to see if you cant handle it.

#8 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

Again wrong, I don't mind playing through Call of Duty on veteran because the AI in it makes sense, the AI in DOA and the rediculous online ranking mode do not, so that's why I'm complaining.

I'm not new to this, I'm 24, and I've been playing games since I was 8, and I find this game extremely irritating. If you don't agree with my opnion, then that's fine, but don't assume that I have started this thread due to any kind of ineptability.

Also, I could not rent this game before trying it, as it's not yet availible in my part of the world, I have an imported version which I purchased before I had a good idea of what the game was like, that probably was my fault.

Edited by Spark, 14 January 2006 - 04:22 PM.

#9 MN-Mod-Man

MN-Mod-Man

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

24 hmmm I see dry.gif yeah your all growed up.... tongue.gif But to honestly say Team Ninja are the worst developers because in YOUR OPINION the difficulty is IRRITATING then maybe you shouldn't even bother, you call me dickhead and twat, 1 that's probably all you've ever seen is yours and your boyfriends dickheads, 2 twat you've most definitely haven't ever seen or touched otherwise you wouldn't be cryin' in this here thread about how difficult games suck when the REAL TRUTH IS YOU SUCK AT DIFFICULT GAMES...and really I didn't find DOA4 to be all that challenging, tough yes frustrating not at all.

#10 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

I've just completed all the Training Exercises (except Hayate... goddamn Raijin!!) and it has helped me appreciate the "difficulty" so much more. I can actually compete online (and I can beat Alpha in 45 secs on Time Attack biggrin.gif).

But, it is hard... so practice. And online is the best place to practice.

I kinda look at online like this: I'm around 13000 on the rankings. THERE ISN'T A CHANCE IN HELL I WILL EVER BE NUMBER ONE so I just have fun with fellow shitty players. Don't worry about ranks... just find a good group of guys and beat each other up. Online is better than getting your ass handed to you by the computer. At least they guys online aren't driven by Terminator programming... laugh.gif

Edited by LowProfileWurm, 14 January 2006 - 06:31 PM.

#11 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

I havnt even done the training yet. A better title for you topic would be "Reasons i dont like this game" not that they are the worst team around wink.gif

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Jan 14 2006, 12:54 PM) View Post

A better title for you topic would be "Reasons i dont like this game" not that they are the worst team around wink.gif

Indeed

Hating a *developer* because they make a game difficult, is just stupid. Saying they are the worst around is even sillier.

Chose your words more wisely next time and your thread wont have shit thrown at it.

If you honestly believe that Team Ninja sucks because of reasons stated, quit bitching and unload the game and do not buy a game from the "worst developer around", anytime soon.

You imported it, time to export pop.gif

I'll save you some time....I'm getting the fuck out of your thread.

By the way, I smell Tekken ph34r.gif

#13 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

There is a difference between difficult and cheap....

Do you guys remember a game on the n64 called Fighters Destiny?

There was a mission where you had to defeat 100 guys in a row. If you were hit with a special you were dead, if you were thrown out the ring you were dead, if you were slammed you were dead and had to start all over. THAT IS DIFFICULT.

Needless to say I never got that extra character (joker I believe) Got to 97 then got smashed with a special and my patience was worn thin by then.

I won't comment on DOA yet cause I haven't played it enough. Though there are games that just are cheap or as we say down here in teh south the game was cheesing.

I look forward to playing DOA and getting frustrated. ... eerr pissed off.

#14 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Jan 14 2006, 10:18 AM) View Post
I already know how to play dickhead, and hopefully I'll see you and your fucking arcade stick online next week and I'll kick your fucking skull in.
rotfl.gif That's a sig-worthy quote!! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Spark @ Jan 14 2006, 10:27 AM) View Post
If you don't agree with my opnion, then that's fine, but don't assume that I have started this thread due to any kind of ineptability.
Ahem, it's ineptitude. wink.gif

This game is a challenge, but like I said in another thread, it's not an investment I'm willing to give up on. Alpha is cheap, but I have no problem being cheap with her (charged attacks). wink.gif

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jan 14 2006, 12:37 PM) View Post
THERE ISN'T A CHANCE IN HELL I WILL EVER BE NUMBER ONE so I just have fun with fellow shitty players.
Couldn't agree more. Hit me up with a game. I like like-minded players. biggrin.gif

Edited by metaldevil, 14 January 2006 - 08:01 PM.

#15 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(MN-Mod-Man @ Jan 14 2006, 07:15 PM) View Post

24 hmmm I see dry.gif yeah your all growed up.... tongue.gif But to honestly say Team Ninja are the worst developers because in YOUR OPINION the difficulty is IRRITATING then maybe you shouldn't even bother, you call me dickhead and twat, 1 that's probably all you've ever seen is yours and your boyfriends dickheads, 2 twat you've most definitely haven't ever seen or touched otherwise you wouldn't be cryin' in this here thread about how difficult games suck when the REAL TRUTH IS YOU SUCK AT DIFFICULT GAMES...and really I didn't find DOA4 to be all that challenging, tough yes frustrating not at all.

So, because I questioned you, I'm a homosexual ? Well that's some fascinating logic there, well done.

And can you tell me where I said difficult games suck ? Because if you can, please feel free to point it out. If not, then shut up and get the fuck out of my thread you sad bastard. Chances are that I would beat you anyway, I seem to have been doing ok online so far.

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jan 14 2006, 08:17 PM) View Post

Indeed

Hating a *developer* because they make a game difficult, is just stupid. Saying they are the worst around is even sillier.

Chose your words more wisely next time and your thread wont have shit thrown at it.

If you honestly believe that Team Ninja sucks because of reasons stated, quit bitching and unload the game and do not buy a game from the "worst developer around", anytime soon.

You imported it, time to export pop.gif

I'll save you some time....I'm getting the fuck out of your thread.

By the way, I smell Tekken ph34r.gif

I never said that I hated them, you see that is the problem with you Americans, you're always too quick to assume, I don't like the way that they have developed this game, that's for damn sure, I don't hate them, or anybody else for that matter.

The online ranking mode annoys me though definitely, I think it's fine if you want to put that sort of system in place as an option, but why does it have to be mandatory, people like that modman dickhead may need a system such as this so that they can play cockwars online with their fellow cunts, but would it have been so difficult to put in a casual mode for casual gamers ? I mean for fucks sake, they spent long enough on the game.

Edited by Spark, 14 January 2006 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users