#1 jblade

jblade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

Alright in the unmodded xbox it was fairly easy to use my wireless network adapter to connect my xbox to the internet (wirelessly). However, I was curious how to set it up in a modded (evoX dash) xbox. It is softmodded, and instead of having to use a crossover cable all the time, I would prefer to be able to ftp into it whenever. There must be a way to set up the Wireless (which network and the key) in the dashboard, or something but I can not figure it out. Thanks in advance

Jblade

#2 ctgene

ctgene

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Golf
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:47 AM

I have a netgear wireless router and there wireless game adapter and it works flawlessly...before I bought the WGA I ran a regular lan cable from my router to my xbox, I use flash FXP on my PC and use it to connect to the xbox, transfer files, etc...it really makes no difference if the box is modded or not...if you boot to the M$ dash just go to the network settings and set it up for auto, if you boot to your evox dash then make sure you have the dhcp enabled and note the IP address....

#3 jblade

jblade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

Well It might be that I do not have the one from M$ but the one from linksys the (WGA54G)

However, what exactly do I set up in the network settings, and how do I know it is connecting to my network and has the right key in it to connect?

#4 jblade

jblade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:13 AM

bump, please help!

#5 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:50 AM

evox, settings, network, static = No ; (setting to use DHCP)
or edit evox.ini static = No
it will work the same as the unmoded one
the key is in the wireless adapter and it will not change

#6 jblade

jblade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:12 AM

So what your saying is:

Set everything to DHCP, and to not change. Then go to unmodded Xbox, Set up the connection normally, then re-run linux, and it load the backup, and viola i will have wireless internet for my xbox?

Wish someone would add an app to control the damn linksys WGA54G from my modded xbox, instead of having to go through to the unmodded console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users