#1 Phobos182

Phobos182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:12 AM

I just picked up Need for Speed: Most wanted. I took the system over to a buddies house to play the game. We stopped by best buy, and bought it. As soon as we got back to his place, we set up the 360 on the floor in front of his TV, and unwrapped the game. We poped the Cd in the drive, and were prepared to play. I always lay the XBox horizontally, and never vertically. Because we put it right in front of the TV, we had to move it because of all the traffic in front of the TV (About 3 feet to the left). We did not move it from horizontal to veritical. I literally picked it up with both hands, and moved it about 3 feet. The result?

While moving the 360, it scratched a circle into the disk (At the exact same location the depression is in the CD tray for micro-disks). I harly even moved it! It wasnt like I grabbed one end, and put it at a 45 degree angle while moving it or anything, I literally moved it with both hands, and maybe a 15 degree angle. Needless to say, we have to turn around, return the CD to best buy for an exchange. I learned that the 360 cannot be moved AT ALL when a disk is in the drive. I was quite dissapointed to discover that the system is that touchy when it is powered on.

Edited by Phobos182, 15 January 2006 - 01:14 AM.

#2 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:25 AM

Yup, don't move it at all when it is one, with a disc in the drive.

#3 Phobos182

Phobos182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:29 AM

I learned my lesson. With other consoles I could move them while they are on (Sony Systems & The Original XBox). But with the 360 it is REALLY touchy. I got sick when I heard that buzzsaw sound that indicated a scratched disk. Luckily Best Buy exchanged it with no hassles whatsoever.

#4 []-[]ooDLu[]v[]

[]-[]ooDLu[]v[]

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:41 AM

my brother did the same thing, he moved the x360 while condemned was playing...totally scratched my disk in a perfect circle...i took it up to "Cool Stuff" and they fixed my disk for $2...i cant even see the scratch anymore and it plays flawlessly...anywho, good luck to ya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users