Tomas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:27 PM

Hi all
Here's a new topic for all problem's with SpiderGX!

Have a good day!

cussing.gif

#2 The_wrath-of_GOD

The_wrath-of_GOD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:47 AM

hey im trying 2 instal my spider GX and when i on my xbox it flashes 3 times and da power light blinks green and red, yes i did read what it said in ur instalation guide but i dont get whats wrong i did try repositioning it but it still dont work all the pins are in the holes

#3 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:00 AM

Remove the screw and try pushing down on the chip and see if it boots !

HackDaBox !

#4 The_wrath-of_GOD

The_wrath-of_GOD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:20 PM

ok what i did was tape da opposite side of the screwed one and it stoped da 3 times flash now da chip on da outside of da boxs wont ight up

wait when u install da spder GX and then on ur xbox, is da regular xbox menu suppsed 2 come up or da spider GX menu?

#5 biobeck

biobeck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:18 AM

Okay, so I got a spiderGX. Installed on my 1.6a with a popsicle stick to hold chip on LPC. Something wasn't secure I suppose when I put lid on because xbox died. No power. I think i'll attemp to replace collector, seems to be the issue.

Now I'm trying to put the GX in a 1.0. It will test fine (all 6 leds), but frag with switch on and 5 leds on. I can't load GX_OS. Nor the test bios (bank 2) and my flashed bioses (1&3) are 1.6bios.

I want to know if perhaps my chip is indeed dead, or not making proper contact (which i've checked 50 times).

In general this chip is quite dissapointing. I may as well buy a different chip by the time I end up getting this crap to work.

#6 Partyman

Partyman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:07 PM

First I just want everyone to know that I normally dont signup for forums but I had to because of this chip

SpiderGX solderless chip

I got one for a friend because it was suppose to be so good, I normally use execute chips

1- it was it was 1 1/2 weeks to arrive after payment, then it was another month before my friend brought
his X-Box back over for me to install the chip so at this time its been about 2 months from the intial
purchase
2 - there was a solder bridge on the flash chip (SMT part) so its not ussable for the adverage person
I removed the solder bridge
3 - the board the chip is on is cut poorly causing it to bind on the IDE drive connector
4 - Seating the pogos was a no go do to #3
I removed the pogo pins and soldered it in with a pin head just like the executer chips
SO MUCH for SOLDERLESS INSTALLATION
5 - if I wanted to use the little spider wire legg things to make the D0 connection I couldnt because the wire
is to thick to go in the holes
6 - the install PDF file SUCKS

After wasting 2 1/2 hours trying to install it as a solderless chip like it says it is I finally corrected all the above and got it working, ONLY after I SOLDERED everything in thus defeating the purpose of their claim to a solder free install on any X-Box

Stay away from this chip, EVERYONE
get a Executor lite chip and be happy with less hassles and less stress
This Xbox was a V1.1 xbox also so it wasnt like it was really hard

If you have a SpiderGX chip and it wornt work check for solder bridges if one of the SMT (Surface mount) chips has a bridge , UNLESS you are great with a soldering iron DO NOT try to REMOVE it yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users