#1 dsenart

dsenart

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:26 AM

I have to say that probably took more time/deaths then any other game I have ever played ( normally I don't care to play it on the hardest level ) man what a relief!! No more cussing out my tv for a while lol Now its time to beat PD0 although I don't think I am going to do it on the hardest level.

#2 Fredro

Fredro

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:31 AM

im about halfway through on veteran, its tough lol.

sometimes you peek your head out, get shot 50 times and die instantly.

#3 Sweenerdog32

Sweenerdog32

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:51 AM

lol. I'm in Aus. so I have to settle for the first xbox version (Still damn good though). Not an easy game, and i'm only playing on normal biggrin.gif. Almost finished though...

#4 notsodiseased

notsodiseased

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:46 AM

I can say that Cod2 single player on Veteran is fully worth the cost of the 360 and all its accessories.

I can also vouch that Veteran gets much easier once youv ebeen through each level a couple time.

#5 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:42 PM

Beating that game on veteran 1.5 times (first 360 broke and had to get new HDD) was quite a challenge. Saddle up and welcome to the club.

#6 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:UNIX

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(dsenart @ Jan 15 2006, 11:33 PM) View Post

I have to say that probably took more time/deaths then any other game I have ever played ( normally I don't care to play it on the hardest level ) man what a relief!! No more cussing out my tv for a while lol Now its time to beat PD0 although I don't think I am going to do it on the hardest level.

Yes "relief" I think is the correct word. Unfortunatley, I am not finding PD0 as much fun. sad.gif

#7 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

i just started the american campaign on veteran and im at a loss for words to how hard the game is.

#8 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

Nice...I have about a stage or two left...I am stuck trying to raid this one house...I think there are unlimited enemies in there...I kill so many yet they keep appearing...the house could only hold so many people right?

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Jan 16 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post

Nice...I have about a stage or two left...I am stuck trying to raid this one house...I think there are unlimited enemies in there...I kill so many yet they keep appearing...the house could only hold so many people right?

well i know that a lot of the game forces you to move in or they will continue to re-enforce with soldiers, so maybe that is whats happening.

#10 themadman123

themadman123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Film...

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, some games do that, but I don't think CoD2 does. I could be wrong though. I just remember that when I killed everyone I could run around everywhere and be safe.

#11 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

I commend you guys. I'm almost finished with the game on hardened and I don't think I'd subject myself to the torture of a veteran attempt.

Here's hoping that the lag patch comes out soon. beerchug.gif

#12 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:59 PM

I was kind of thinking that they were respawning, but I also wanted to believe that they were not.

#13 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(themadman123 @ Jan 16 2006, 01:58 PM) View Post

Yeah, some games do that, but I don't think CoD2 does. I could be wrong though. I just remember that when I killed everyone I could run around everywhere and be safe.

i know for a fact it does do this a lot in the game. if you were to just kill and never advance they will continue to be "resupplied" with troops. the perfect example is the demo level, when you first get off the truck, try killing all the troops when your facing the same way as the truck, they will keep on coming.

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Jan 16 2006, 02:01 PM) View Post

I commend you guys. I'm almost finished with the game on hardened and I don't think I'd subject myself to the torture of a veteran attempt.

Here's hoping that the lag patch comes out soon. beerchug.gif

i thought the same thing playing through hardened, however you begin to get accustomed to the challenge and even though it may take 3 times the time to beat a level, the feeling of accomplishment is also that much more.

#14 hamesy

hamesy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Computers, Cars
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:38 PM

Ive just brought CoD2 today and started playing on regular. Cant wait til I play it on hardened and veteran.

#15 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

Finally kicked the Nazi's asses in that house...then wen't on to beat the Silo part in three tries (honestly I did not see what people had so much trouble with there)...good stuff 2 stages left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users