8 replies to this topic

#1 MrODB

MrODB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:57 AM

Hello

I managed to get a 360 core system, but I cannot find any UK supplier selling the HD AV lead or 20gb HDD, help!?

Anyone know any supplier with stock, or stock coming?

#2 MrODB

MrODB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:18 PM

Got the HD cable via someone on ebay for 12 posted, they got it with their Prem Package and didnt need it.

Still searching for a normal priced hard disk.

#3 linkpwns

linkpwns

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

the hdd is hard to find, but i think i have seen the hd cables in my local gamestop(USA)

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:34 PM

I cannot find any UK supplier selling the HD AV lead

the hdd is hard to find, but i think i have seen the hd cables in my local gamestop(USA)

There you go only the bus fare to find and you have it cracked.
The AV cables are not as rare as the advanced scart

#5 MrODB

MrODB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:57 AM

Got the cable off ebay, mate brought his over last night and we set it up on my HD Projector, sorted the settings and WOW it looked SO much better than on my Sony 28" CRT. Was very impressed, before I hadnt been and contemplated selling the xbox.

However here in the UK the HDD's are not available anywhere, those on ebay are going for 30 over the retail price! Wonder if they will bring out bigger ones also, 20gb is small in todays world, that wont even be one full next gen DVD (HD/Blue-Ray).

I have a car so travellings not an issue, but I dont think they do a cheap bus to the US, I'll double check though biggrin.gif

#6 UkPesLegend

UkPesLegend

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:07 PM

ok im abit confused about this high definition jargin!!
im thinking about getting myself one of these new hdtvs but do i need to get a special type?
ive got the premium package with the hdd and hdtv cable but is this hdmi??
or do i need to get an adapter to plug those extra 3 leads in2 before i put it into the hdmi slot on the hdtv?
because ive heard that those 3 cables only produce component and not a true high definition picture!!! :s

can some1 please help me out as i dont wana waste 1000 sad.gif

#7 hardcandy

hardcandy

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:40 PM

The xbox 360 only has a "component cable" to connect to HDTV. It has three cables, each one a separate color. A DVI (digital video interface) or "HDMI" cable has one plug with a lot of pins in it. The HDTV you get will have a Component input, so you will be able to use the xbox 360 without an adapter.

The component cable will deliver true high definition to your TV.

It boils down to this: High Definition on your TV really depends on what "resolution" your TV can display. If you make sure you get a HDTV that can show a 720 Progressive picture, then you will be all set. It will have the hook ups you need to connect your Xbox 360.

Edited by hardcandy, 17 January 2006 - 09:46 PM.

#8 UkPesLegend

UkPesLegend

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:00 PM

ok that explains a little better to me then,tho will i get a better quality picture on a proper hdtv or will it be the same as 1 which has only hdmi?

coz in my work there are a few tvs i was considering, which wud u recommend m8?

Samsung 32" LE32R41BDX LCD TV, Sharp 32" LC32GA6E, OR any other u recommend?

thanks smile.gif

#9 hardcandy

hardcandy

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

Instead of recommending a brand, I would suggest you use a Audio-Visual, HDTV, or a Xbox 360/Gaming forum based in the UK to research your choices. I have a feeling the models we use here and the models you use in Ireland may have enough difference to make any reccomendations I would offer sort of useless. If you have the room, for right now, and to get more for your money, I would recommend a CRT HDTV. LCD's are getting better but they are not quite as good as CRT's for gaming or movie displays. DLP and plasmas run higher. For the amount of money you have to spend, you could get a very nice 32 inch CRT with all the connections you would need, plus have some left over for a AV sound system if you need it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users