linkpwns

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

Well, i bought cod2, beat the first couple of missions and went stright to the MP...well everything was fine for the first 5 mins or so and BAM!! Connection Problem, and i can hardly play...Sorry if this has been posted b4, but this really sucks to lag this bad...then i have joining game problems...and...oh and i had xfire and teamspeak running on my comp, and my 360 is connected with an ethernet cable to my router...could that have been it?

#2 Gbeav

Gbeav

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:47 PM

Cod2 online being extremly laggy is well known. It's basically unplayable, but I did read somewhere that they are working with MS on a patch. Just hope the patch comes sooner rather than later.

#3 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:49 PM

ive never really seen any lag issues, but I find that the matchmaking system sucks! i always get matched up in a game of like 1 on 1or something. Also the pc version is like 32 players and this is only 8. what is with that?

#4 mike_jacko

mike_jacko

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

yes it lags alot...sometimes it will be fine and others it will be unbarable

#5 MAPULLEN

MAPULLEN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:38 PM

i had lag problems, seems you cant select what game you want to join like the pc, it just chucks you into any game it feels like, but there should be a patch out soon

#6 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:16 AM

If you have never seen lag problems, you dont play the multiplayer enough. It has lagged from the first day I played it (Nov 22) and has gotten worse since then. I tend to think that it may be really bad now b/c they are in the process of fixing it. I dont understand how I can play a 8 player game for 5 min, then all of a sudden it goes into extreme lag where you basically have to wait for others to quit, or you quit. Once they fix the lag problem, and if we are lucky, the party system, it will be awsome. Till then you just have to deal with it or wait.

#7 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE(yaazz @ Jan 16 2006, 03:56 PM) View Post

ive never really seen any lag issues, but I find that the matchmaking system sucks! i always get matched up in a game of like 1 on 1or something. Also the pc version is like 32 players and this is only 8. what is with that?

32 players?!!? Were the boards bigger. I'd like to see more than 8, but I can imagine with 32 players getting shot every second. I'm not a professional gamer, so I'd get my ass handed to me for sure.

#8 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:19 AM

The only reason the 360 does not support upto 64 players (no to mention the maps would have to be a lot larger), is because there are no dedicated servers; your lag is dependent on who is hosting (their upload and the number of players). The PC COD2, on the other hand, has dedicated servers, so they can handle upto 64 players.

#9 hamesy

hamesy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Computers, Cars
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:28 AM

I haven't seen any lag, but I've only owned CoD2 for a day.

#10 deadpool66

deadpool66

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Games Girls Weed

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jan 17 2006, 07:26 AM) View Post

The only reason the 360 does not support upto 64 players (no to mention the maps would have to be a lot larger), is because there are no dedicated servers; your lag is dependent on who is hosting (their upload and the number of players). The PC COD2, on the other hand, has dedicated servers, so they can handle upto 64 players.

Ive read that the voice chat affects the bandwith to, I was reading an article not sure wich publications but it says to play most 32 to 64 player games in the future on xbl, your going to need 10megabit or higher connection. Cod2 was rushed to make launch so Im sure they will fix this problem really soon with the patch that ign anounced.

#11 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:15 AM

Still, without a dedicated server you'll be hard pressed to have lag free games with anything more then 16 players.

Edited by Foe-hammer, 18 January 2006 - 02:15 AM.

#12 xmaniac2003

xmaniac2003

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:39 AM

OK OK you ppl really dont get it do you. Let me clarify LAG is caused by stupid ppl on 56k or dsl that think they have a FAST connection but in reality they dont so my advice to you is STOP FUCKING WITH ONLINE GAMEs you will not be able to play them too well cause guess what it will LAG and YOU will cause it to lag for many ppl.sorry for being so well mean, rude, and whatever but it is the plain and simple truth. Now that is just 80% of the problem. and if you have cable internet NOT DSL or 56K and all of the ppl you are playing with online have cable and it still lags then A. it could be that many ppl are dling stuff on your network. (what i meen by your network is really your town cause your town shares the internet with you on 1 big network) ok i will shut my mouth now and not continue. Now flame me away if you wish just adds to your stupidity...

P.S.
This game NEVER lags for me unless a 56ker or a dsl fuck joins the game then when he leavs all is good again...

Edited by xmaniac2003, 18 January 2006 - 03:42 AM.

#13 haki1112

haki1112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(xmaniac2003 @ Jan 18 2006, 03:46 AM) View Post

OK OK you ppl really dont get it do you. Let me clarify LAG is caused by stupid ppl on 56k or dsl that think they have a FAST connection but in reality they dont so my advice to you is STOP FUCKING WITH ONLINE GAMEs you will not be able to play them too well cause guess what it will LAG and YOU will cause it to lag for many ppl.sorry for being so well mean, rude, and whatever but it is the plain and simple truth. Now that is just 80% of the problem. and if you have cable internet NOT DSL or 56K and all of the ppl you are playing with online have cable and it still lags then A. it could be that many ppl are dling stuff on your network. (what i meen by your network is really your town cause your town shares the internet with you on 1 big network) ok i will shut my mouth now and not continue. Now flame me away if you wish just adds to your stupidity...

P.S.
This game NEVER lags for me unless a 56ker or a dsl fuck joins the game then when he leavs all is good again...
i got dsl and almost never lag on XBL or any pc game and since when can you get on XBL with 56k?

#14 Jason9875

Jason9875

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE(xmaniac2003 @ Jan 17 2006, 07:46 PM) View Post

P.S.

Actually unless the game is an RTS, most of which MUST have the game perfectly synced, then someone elses lagging WILL NOT cause lag for you. Unless its the host thats lagging.

Don't worry I've gotten used to it, I love it when I join a game and people are like "OMFG ,,/,, >_< ,,\,, YOU CAUSE LAG I LAG ARG GTFO!!!11111!1" when I am not lagging, and neither is anyone esle!

I love ignorance! Without it I wouldn't laugh nearly as much.

#15 haki1112

haki1112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE(Jason9875 @ Jan 18 2006, 04:03 AM) View Post

Actually unless the game is an RTS, most of which MUST have the game perfectly synced, then someone elses lagging WILL NOT cause lag for you. Unless its the host thats lagging.

Don't worry I've gotten used to it, I love it when I join a game and people are like "OMFG ,,/,, >_< ,,\,, YOU CAUSE LAG I LAG ARG GTFO!!!11111!1" when I am not lagging, and neither is anyone esle!

I love ignorance! Without it I wouldn't laugh nearly as much.

LOL jester.gif alot of people say that in counter strike source

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users