Photo

Hdd Upgrade Gone Wrong! Narrowing Issues Down.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 woodsing

woodsing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:40 PM

I originally posted about how i was upgrading from my 40gig to a 200gig and i thought maybe it was XBMC that was causing issues but i think that XMBC along with many other things are wrong due to an incorrect transfer. I notice a few other people had the problem that when they upgraded some of the games that did work on their older HDD now won't work on the new one. I am having the same issue, it sucks. But the problem is I never see those other people get the problem fixed so I still have NO clue on what is going wrong. I read the tutorial on how to upgrade and followed it but still when I transfer all my data from teh 40g to the 200g a lot of the games won't work anymore and XBMC doesn't work properly either. NEED some help please I would hate to see a good 200gig go to waste sad.gif. Thanks for your help

#2 Safrole

Safrole

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:41 PM

You should post more gratuitous details about your situation, but with what info you've provided I'll opine what I'd check first.

I have made the following mistake before. I copied backup C: and E: partitions into C: and E: on the new drive, which made everything inside C:/C: - gosh I couldn't figure out why everything "disappeared".

Also I would check the dashboard ini file (evox.ini?) and make sure the AUTOADD ITEM has the correct (and case-sensitive!) path. "games" is not "Games", etc.

#3 woodsing

woodsing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

I have an xecuter 2 chip and a xenium bios it seems i just used the HDD upgrade wizard and it automatically upgraded from the 40 to the 200. I didn't backup the C:/ and the E:/ that was all automatically done with the HDD upgrade wizard do you think I should go back and do everything manually?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users