yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:38 PM

****************************************************************************************
Wired Controller *
****************************************************************************************
+ Light as hell, feels like you are holding nothing
+ Instantly connected, no waiting
+ Dont have to worry about running out of batteries
+ dont have to BUY batteries/battery pack
+ You can use it in your PC as a controller (awesome)
+safe to plug into system due to breakaway dongle, unlike the play and charge kit which strangely doesnt have one

- umm it has a wire....lol
- no battery pack to rest your fingers against (could be a plus to some because hands are not as cramped)
- suffers from the Xbox 1 "2 wires protruding from your controller" problem with a headset plugged in

*****************************************************************************************
*****************************************************************************************

Wireless Controller
+ There is no wires when the headset is not plugged in
+ Turn the system on like you are using a remote control (Wired does this too but its not as cool)
+ Front of the system looks cleaner without anything plugged into it
+ If controller is running low on juice, just plug in your play and charge and you are set to continue
+Battery brick to rest your hands against (could be a negative too)

- it can run out of batterys!
- No way to use on a PC
- Controller wire has no breakaway dongle!! (WHY?)
- you are wired again as soon as you plug in the headset (there better be a wireless one eventually...)

My vote is wireless, but when its charging I use the Wired controller because its the nicer controller in my mind. It just has a wire and that brings it down 10 notches

Also another plus about wireless is that there is no "Controller preference" like all other systems suffer from. Since there really is no difference between them, and no matter what controller you choose to turn the system on with, it becomes 1st controller, there is no fighting over who gets what controller

EDIT: Another negative about wireless, I got my first toilet flush over xbox live tonight.

Edited by yaazz, 17 January 2006 - 07:39 PM.

#2 revs

revs

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

Ive gone for wireless.

I doubt ill play enough in one go to rain the play and charge kits battery. Ill charge it when not in use.

Wireless is just sexier biggrin.gif

#3 kdx80boy

kdx80boy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:07 PM

I have wireless, and love it. I have noticed no lag and no connectivity problems. I went the rout of buying rechargeable batteries instead of the play and charge kit for the only reason as I do not want any wires! Cost is about the same, but they can be used in many devices instead of just the controller.

P.S. I have heard many comments about rechargeable batteries having to be replaced after so many charges, well that is true. But it is also true of the play and charge kit, unless you want your controller to end up a cabled one.

#4 MysticalJet

MysticalJet

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:31 PM

You can use the wireless as a wired controller if you desire.

#5 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(MysticalJet @ Jan 17 2006, 02:38 PM) View Post

You can use the wireless as a wired controller if you desire.

Actually, its still wireless but is just powered by the PnC kit.

#6 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:37 PM

You forgot the danger of flipping or moving your 360 with the wire plugged in and scratching discs.

But it will be wireless for me from now on. The 360s wireless controller is the first one I have absolutely no lag problems etc with. I've tested several PC wireless mouses etc and I always feel like theres a little lag with them (still use wired mouse and kb!).

Just yesterday when running xbox1 I spent 5 minutes untangling the controllers. Say good bye to that mess.

#7 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

I've bought a few powered USB extenders and run a USB line from the console up through the ceiling and down behind my couch (which sits about 15ft from the screen... it's a projector setup) Then I can plug in my play and charge kits, USB keyboard etc without having wires running across the room AND no uglying of the console's girlish good looks smile.gif

Edited by twistedsymphony, 17 January 2006 - 09:43 PM.

#8 Lerxst

Lerxst

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:UNIX

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

Wireless - it's a "no brainer"

#9 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 17 2006, 02:49 PM) View Post

I've bought a few powered USB extenders and run a USB line from the console up through the ceiling and down behind my couch (which sits about 15ft from the screen... it's a projector setup) Then I can plug in my play and charge kits, USB keyboard etc without having wires running across the room AND no uglying of the console's girlish good looks smile.gif

hahahaha, Do you just have a hub or cable dangling from the ceiling? Or is it a clean looking setup?

I am having a mental image of a cable dangling from the ceiling rofl thats good stuff. Good Idea though...

I admit the wired 360 controllers feel awesome in the hand but tooo light for my preference, so luckily the wireless batteries/battery pack makes up for it in the weight department. IMO More weight=better quality

Just like adding 20 pennies to the first xbox dvd remote to make it feel less cheap.

#10 retep9990

retep9990

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:49 PM

i have both i use the wired ones because i dont wanna waste bateries but when my friends over or im going over there ill take the wireless it dont make a diffrence too me

#11 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(Mjkthirdeye @ Jan 17 2006, 03:55 PM) View Post

hahahaha, Do you just have a hub or cable dangling from the ceiling? Or is it a clean looking setup?

I am having a mental image of a cable dangling from the ceiling rofl thats good stuff. Good Idea though...

I admit the wired 360 controllers feel awesome in the hand but tooo light for my preference, so luckily the wireless batteries/battery pack makes up for it in the weight department. IMO More weight=better quality

Just like adding 20 pennies to the first xbox dvd remote to make it feel less cheap.

it's just the one wire right now, I need to add a hub... and it's pro looking... I've got an electrical box that I'm going to custom mount the hub in... so it will be like plugging your TV into the wall wink.gif

You don't even see speaker-wires for the rears in my setup cool.gif

#12 hardcandy

hardcandy

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 17 2006, 03:49 PM) View Post

Take a look at this baby:
Belkin Wireless USB Hub (no not for networking but for keyboards and such)

Being shown around now, will be out this year.

#13 HardcorePooka

HardcorePooka

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(yaazz @ Jan 17 2006, 12:45 PM) View Post

EDIT: Another negative about wireless, I got my first toilet flush over xbox live tonight.

I get that all the time. I'll start a Halo 2 countdown and head into the bathroom. It's amusing listening to people be like, "Was that a toilet flushing?!"

I'm all about the wireless. I don't even own a wired controller for my 360. I might buy two wired controllers so I have 4 controllers total, but I'll never play on them.

#14 dkkev

dkkev

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(Mjkthirdeye @ Jan 17 2006, 09:55 PM) View Post

pennies? pffft... talk about being cheap wink.gif use quarters at least biggrin.gif

im wireless only - had a wired controller.. breakaway didnt do its job - 360 scratched me pgr3 disc.. curseth!

#15 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(dkkev @ Jan 17 2006, 03:27 PM) View Post

pennies? pffft... talk about being cheap wink.gif use quarters at least biggrin.gif

im wireless only - had a wired controller.. breakaway didnt do its job - 360 scratched me pgr3 disc.. curseth!

lol I would have but the 4 little sections would only fit pennies lol

It gives it some heft though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users