rtheil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:37 AM

OK, so yeah, there's a ton of other topics on this, but there are a lot of things that some people haven't touched on. So, here's my situation. 1.6 xbox, x-lite, and 1.6 solderless adapter. All blue leds are on, and I have rechecked all connections several times. I have modded nearly 30 xboxes and but this is only my second 1.6. Everything looks exactly as it should.

So, I read instrustions for dip switch settings for x-lite. Says to turn off both dip switches on the chip, BUT doing so cuts off the 5v connection, so the red led on the chip doesn't come on when you power on the xbox. So, you turn on dip #1, and it frags, both on, it frags. No matter what I do, it frags.

I bought these x-lite chips shortly after they came out. Is there a chance I woul dhave to flash the chip first in another xbox with a 1.6 bios? I would think not.

What other items can I check to narrow down what may be causing the problem.

Why are the guys over at easybuy2000 such unbelievable slackers with horrible support?

#2 rtheil

rtheil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

Oh, come on, Doesn't ANYONE know anything about this chip on a 1.6 xbox? Can't ANYONE who actually got the solderless adapter working on a 1.6, tell someone like me maybe the simple settings of the jumpers, or even if it simply works. I haven't heard anyone with a success story with the x-lite and the 1.6 solderless adapter.

Ricky

#3 rtheil

rtheil

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

Wow... Well, I have taken the hard road and soldered in the chip. I rebuilt the LPC as directed, and I Still get the same thing. FRAG... Although the xbox works great if the chip isn't on there.

#4 tommythetoker

tommythetoker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:30 AM

have you checked the wire loom that comes with it the little micoscopic copper peice that comes with it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users