Xbox-Scene

Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

OXM Interview with Bill Gates-- Posted by XanTium on January 18 16:27 EST
The Official Xbox Magazine UK posted a new interview with Bill Gates. Here's a short excerpt:

* OXM: Xbox 360 appears to be a definite step towards your vision of the digital entertainment home and lifestyle. Any hints on what we can expect in our digital entertainment future?
* Bill Gates: Xbox 360 is the fusion of raw technological power and elegant design at an affordable price. There's a lot of talk about killer apps, but as far as I'm concerned, Xbox 360 is the killer app for any HDTV setup.

* OXM: What single feature of the Xbox 360 hardware excites you most?
* Bill Gates: I'm really excited about the three processor cores that IBM developed for Xbox 360. It enables game developers to create amazing, sweeping environments, lifelike AI, realistic physics, richer worlds and stunning visual clarity. Then there's Xbox Live, which is more than just about games - it's about all the people who power new and exciting gameplay experiences.

Read the whole interview on oxm.co.uk.

#2 lileclerc20

lileclerc20

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:39 PM

Nice... I just hope those three core processers really will amaze me in the next 6 months.. it does now.. but i can't wait until the "real" games come out. biggrin.gif

#3 PCBUILDERCHRIS

PCBUILDERCHRIS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:COMPUTER BUILDING<br />XBOX HACKING<br />HATING ON OTHERS<br />BEING MEAN AND NOT WANTING TO
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

at least you understand lileclerk 20 my friends are mad cuz they say that 360 games dont look any diffrent than xbox i keep telling them to give the gamemakers some time the dev kits didnt have all the goodies the 360 has
but the games will look better in time

#4 nectar12

nectar12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:07 PM

why even bother asking bill gates anything.. his answers are loaded with corporate BS anyway... read the interview in the jan issue of oxm and the answer he gives to every question is just about the same.

#5 zX_Storm

zX_Storm

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Cracking and modifying games for the XBox :)<br /><br />Especially Counter-Strike XBox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:09 PM

I think Bill Gates forgot how to count... "Single feature" he said 2 things. Plus, the 3-core processor will be much more useful doing other things than just games... *cough* LINUX! *cough* smile.gif

#6 saunders73

saunders73

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(nectar12 @ Jan 18 2006, 05:14 PM) View Post

why even bother asking bill gates anything.. his answers are loaded with corporate BS anyway... read the interview in the jan issue of oxm and the answer he gives to every question is just about the same.

well he gives the same answers because this it taken out of OXM magazine...

#7 DarkLabel

DarkLabel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:32 AM

I see no real information in this article that is really usefull, like any of us cares what Bill Gates is playing right now.

#8 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(DarkLabel @ Jan 18 2006, 07:39 PM) View Post

I see no real information in this article that is really usefull, like any of us cares what Bill Gates is playing right now.

Agreed. Now Shoe's interview with Peter Moore in EGM was pretty cool...especially the "pick 2 games" part. biggrin.gif

#9 Corey420

Corey420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(PCBUILDERCHRIS @ Jan 18 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

at least you understand lileclerk 20 my friends are mad cuz they say that 360 games dont look any diffrent than xbox i keep telling them to give the gamemakers some time the dev kits didnt have all the goodies the 360 has
but the games will look better in time

You should show them pgr1 from the xbox launch and compare it to pgr3 from the 360 launch then your friends should understand.

#10 create

create

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:18 AM

Bill plays Kameo, and he really really really wants to play it a lot, he's my hero.

#11 rhawk79

rhawk79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:07 AM

he's so retarded. could he ever just answer a question instead of throwing out the usual marketing speil?

#12 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(rhawk79 @ Jan 19 2006, 07:14 AM) View Post

he's so retarded. could he ever just answer a question instead of throwing out the usual marketing speil?

what makes him diffrent from any other high position corporate punk? =) do you expect any more? cookie cutter reponses made by a legal team and mrs cleo biggrin.gif

#13 create

create

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Jan 19 2006, 08:42 AM) View Post

what makes him diffrent from any other high position corporate punk? =) do you expect any more? cookie cutter reponses made by a legal team and mrs cleo biggrin.gif

Ummm...I know you are not dissing Mrs. Cleo! grr.gif

#14 n00bal3r7

n00bal3r7

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:40 AM

do u guys even know that the games that we have till today are only using 1 of the 3 processors ? pop.gif pop.gif just imagine what there is coming towards us muhaha.gif

#15 trey85stang

trey85stang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(rhawk79 @ Jan 19 2006, 07:14 AM) View Post

That marketing 'speil' is what makes the man the richest in the world.

QUOTE(n00bal3r7 @ Jan 19 2006, 11:47 AM) View Post

do u guys even know that the games that we have till today are only using 1 of the 3 processors ? pop.gif pop.gif just imagine what there is coming towards us muhaha.gif

Im sure the games are only using one processor since there is ONLY ONE OF THEM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users