• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cvd_air

cvd_air

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:55 AM

I posted this to another forum and receive no responses. Here's what I am going to do, and am wondering if someone has tried and failed, or if it works, or not, etc.

I modded an old NES controller into USB using a kit from retrousb.com. It works brilliantly with the emulator on my PC. In as much as I know, the controllers for the XBOX are basically USB in and of themselves, and it's easy enough to wire in a few USB ports on your XBOX. So my question is this:

Can I plug the USB NES controller into my XBOX, and have it work with an NES emu I have installed?

After I'm done with the modding, I'm going to have the X3 chip with XBMC installed as the dash (possibly gonna try to dual boot it with Linux if possible [no idea how to do that yet though]).

Anyone tried? Succeeded? Any input? Anything???

THANKS!!!

#2 TheSchonk

TheSchonk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Skateing, Wakeboarding, Wacthing TV, and chilling with my friends.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:59 AM

Im not really sure but I think someone posted this before and I think you have to wire the nes controller to the xbox controller which would look pretty ghetto.

#3 Rhionin

Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:03 AM

That would make sense. Better yet, if you were willing to buy an xbox controller, you might be able to cut the wire and splice the NES into that. I could be totally wrong but it might be worth a shot. I'd like to see what you can do with this one.

#4 cvd_air

cvd_air

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Rhionin @ Jan 19 2006, 01:10 AM) View Post

That would make sense. Better yet, if you were willing to buy an xbox controller, you might be able to cut the wire and splice the NES into that. I could be totally wrong but it might be worth a shot. I'd like to see what you can do with this one.

I thought about that as well. Again, most of what I've read shows that the wiring for an XBOX controller is identical to that of USB. Since you can cut the end off an XBOX controller and easily make it USB, it seems to make sense that you can go the other way. The question would be -- would the emulator recognize it properly? Would that depend on the emu, or on the system itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users