#1 vanhalen2342

vanhalen2342

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:12 AM

Ok, I'll start at the beginning...I have a 1.6b Xbox. Following a bad experience with xbmp, it is stuck in PAL. I installed a SpiderChip 1.1 to fix it...the website claimed that it was compatible with 1.6B. However, I have learned from reading on the forums that in fact the modified Cromwell BIOS does not boot with 1.6B--I am getting the dreaded red eject button and blank screen, which apparently means that the installation was successful but the BIOS couldn't load?

I am wondering...I read in a post that it might be possible for a 1.6B box to boot? If tried thousands of times? Is this true? If I spend an hour turning my Xbox on and off, is there any chance of a boot? Thanks for the help.

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:17 PM

Normally less than 50 boots is required for flashbios to work. If you have tried hundreds of times than it seems doubtfull. Install the chips in a freinds older xbox and flash it with Evox M8 PLus V1.6 and then put it back in yours already flashed and ready to go !

Flash it using my HackDaBox reflash Cd !

HackDaBox !

#3 vanhalen2342

vanhalen2342

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

I haven't tried that many times yet. I'll probably give it a shot in a few hours. Unfortunately I don't have any friends who can let me flash it. Guess I'm SOL, eh?

Thanks for the quick response btw. Although I cannot act on it, your advice is much appreciated.

#4 chuma

chuma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

Or you need to make some new friends... tongue.gif

You could always check your local second-hand game store for used XBoxes, older models which will boot Cromwell.

#5 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:06 PM

Yeah also try ebay ... even some broken xbox's are goods for flashing... Lets say the dvdrom is dead , you can just swap it and flash your modchip in that xbox !

HackDaBox !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users