12 replies to this topic

#1 supaspic

supaspic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

You know I'm excited as any other FF fan out there but when I read that the Content Id (the account) does not expire itself but instead bills you if you pass...made me wonder does that count for the beta once the real game comes out....or is the content id outside of FFXI and playonline stuff instead so i have to cancel it to not get charged?

#2 Romps

Romps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(supaspic @ Jan 19 2006, 08:26 PM) View Post

You know I'm excited as any other FF fan out there but when I read that the Content Id (the account) does not expire itself but instead bills you if you pass...made me wonder does that count for the beta once the real game comes out....or is the content id outside of FFXI and playonline stuff instead so i have to cancel it to not get charged?

From what i understand its free while in beta and use beta
Now im not sure if u can continue when full version is here and just start paying or u have to sign up for new account

But when activating the account it gave u the price as 0.00 so its a free account and no charge at all..

As i say though dont know if u can upgrade it to a paid one or u have to resign up when full is out..

#3 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:46 PM

Yea it states that you must cancel it after the beta or you will be charged. I waisted about 4 hours setting up everything for this game just to uninstall it. This is not my type of game. It looks great and everything but just seemed boring and a waist of time. smile.gif maybe one will come along that will strike my fancy or sumpin.

#4 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Jan 19 2006, 05:53 PM) View Post
I waisted about 4 hours setting up everything for this game just to uninstall it.
I thought everyone was exaggerating the amount of time it takes to install this game. Not so. I popped in Braveheart to watch it alongside the install, and it finished playing about an hour before FF11 finished installing. I should get achievement points for installing the fucking thing! mad.gif I still haven't played it. Maybe later... sleeping.gif

#5 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:19 AM

how do they plan on billing you? i didnt enter my aprtment number ( forgot to) and i cant figure out how to add it in there. they dont take any CC info so just HOW do they send u a bill?

besides, are u gonna have to by the game after the beta? or does the disk work still and u just have to pay? imo they shouldnt bill you if u dont even buy the game (if u have to that is)

#6 linkpwns

linkpwns

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:22 AM

Well, think of it. If you dont cancel, ull have the full game 4 free! That makes plenty of sense, eh? Na, i think theyll just end the beta and make u buy the full game...

#7 Fuel90

Fuel90

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:45 AM

If you don't have the full game, and you buy it; it should update it. The game is hard once u start and its fun. I'm not sure if this is the same with the 360 version but I believe you can play with people that have the game on PC and PS2 (if the 360 is the same as the PS2 version). Also, they ask for a CC if you havn't entered one to play Live.

#8 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:25 AM

i have never entered a cc for xblive or for Play online. im stil on the free month of xblive gold tho.

so dont see how they could send a bill.

plus i find it frustrating that i cant change my address on my POL account. anyone know how to do this?

#9 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:28 AM

yea the ID and email address are fucking impossible to remember

x1232q42q234234@pol.com or something like that

#10 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jan 22 2006, 10:35 PM) View Post

yea the ID and email address are fucking impossible to remember

x1232q42q234234@pol.com or something like that

it has to do with your character and such. so that when youre playing, people can send you an email through your characters name and it will show up in that address so you can read it in the POL viewer.

#11 N4T45

N4T45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:07 AM

I have been able to change my @pol.com email adress... but not the playonline ID number

During the inscription of playonline they ask you if you want to change email adress, I said yes and i'm not stuck with that "x1232q42q234234@pol.com" kind of email

#12 antz1970

antz1970

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 20 2006, 01:06 AM) View Post

I should get achievement points for installing the fucking thing! mad.gif

laugh.gif roflmao nice 1 m8

#13 rake

rake

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:38 AM

Is there a way to cancel via the website, or do I have to load the game up, log in, blah, blah, then cancel? Has anyone cancelled yet? And yes, "I should get achievement points for installing the fucking thing! " is the greatest quote I have ever heard! kudos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users