#1 mathemat

mathemat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:32 PM

i was playing cod for a few days , suddenly when i finished the whole 3rd chronological section of the game i saw a video and the game put me in the first training level , all the missions i have passed are locked now like i am playing it for the first time , wtf happened ?

#2 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

This topic has already been covered. Check out previous topics in regards to Problems with Saving COD. You should be able to find information on how save the game with running little risk of lossing saved games.

#3 mathemat

mathemat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:58 PM

i have searched before posting , but i only found about the upcoming patch for the live lag issue...

#4 Jizz_Breath

Jizz_Breath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

i think its a software issue with particular game discs

#5 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

Here this is what I posted back then in regards to saving COD2. If you want to read all posts on this topic go to page 15 under topic name " Just Experience COD2 Issues"

Good luck!

QUOTE(Vinestrike77 @ Dec 27 2005, 12:41 PM) View Post

Just for you guys I went ahead and posted on another topic back on 12/21 how I been saving my games with COD2. I just beat the whole campaign over the weekend and have had no issues with me saving.

So here is my post back on 12/21 regarding saving CoD2:

12/21/05:
In regards to saving I myself have been reading all the problems with saving so I've been very careful on how I save.

First - I insert the game into the 360 before turning it on. I noticed that it takes a lot longer to get your saved game in the main menu when you go to the x-box dashboard then directly going into the game itself.

Second - I make sure that my Gamertag gets connected online

Third - I make sure that I go into "resume mission". Sometimes this option does not appear it only shows "single player" and "multi player" so I wait till the "resume mission" icon shows up. If it takes too long then I go into multiple player so that it can register my gamertag since the 360 assumes that I'll be going online, then I go back to the main screen and the "resume mission" icon appears. This I've done about four times and it has work all 8 times.

Fourth - The way I save the game is simply by hitting "save and exit" I do not save after every mission, I only save while I'm on a mission and plan on taking a break so I "save and exit". It works

Fifth - The other thing that I'm avoiding is not letting no one else (e.g. younger brother ) play the game as another profile or anything like that to ensure that it does not overide my previous save game.

So far I'm half way in the American Capings and have had no issues, the only issue is that sometimes in the main menu it does not have the "resume mission" icon so I do step 3 (above).

Hope this helps,

#6 mathemat

mathemat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

i found a cheat to unlock all levels so , .... smile.gif

#7 Overloaded

Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:57 AM

i just had the save bug hit me too and i was on the next to the last level and when i booted the game from the dashboard after already being signed in to live, cod2 started to its main menu without ever loading my save or profile. i had no resume game option in the menu and when i press the dashboard button to make sure my gamertag was still loaded it was greyed out. so i ejected the game disc and while still at the dash and still logged to live with my gamertag i looked at the memory section of my dash and seen that the cod2 save was still there. so i took a chance and transfered the save to a memcard and booted the game and change the storage devil via the ingame option to look for the save on the memcard and it worked my game was loaded to where i last played. after playing thru another level i saved back to the card and exited the game back to the dash and once there i went back to the memory option and transfered the save from the card back to the hdd and then loaded the disc again and change storage options back to the hdd and again my savegame was now working from the hdd.

as far as booting the xbox without the game in the drive to avoid the savegame bug i can tell you that is not the reason at all that this bug occurs as i never boot my system with a game disc already in the drive. i always remove my games b4 turning off the 360. turn it on and then insert the game after your gamertag logs into live you are still axceptable to the savebug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users