• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ragnorokk

ragnorokk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:45 AM

I have an X3 on a v1.0 xbox, and I installed Evox, etc. from Slayer's, since I can't FTP right now. boXplorer and my cheap DVD+Rs are my new best friends, since the Thompson seems to read any DVD+R I throw at it.

I read this thread and managed to get Evox to recognize UIX properly, and it runs fine from Evox. When setting it to run as the main dash (ie, renaming it to evoxdash.xbe where my evox install was [C:\] and letting the Xecuter bios run this when I reboot to dash), it boots up normally.

Unfortunately, if I select Apps, Emulators, or anything under hard drive, it reboots to the X3 bios. My apps are installed in e:\apps and my emulators in e:\apps\emulators, as per the Slayer's install. If UIX scans the drives, shouldn't it find those paths? Even when I input the specific path (E:\apps\emulators\) it gets pissed and reboots. Is this a common occurence, and does anyone know what I should do to avoid it?

Booting it from EvoX sucks, since it means I have evox kicking around, mostly just as an extra step. I liked the original Xbox dash, and I really like the fact that UIX sticks to the original theme, so I'm all about using it as my single dash replacement for non-Live stuff.

#2 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:34 AM

Do you have the new .XBE and the audio and fonts inside of the user.interface.x.dash folder?

#3 ragnorokk

ragnorokk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:27 AM

yeah, I have all three. It runs just fine and dandy as a secondary dash, it's just primary that gives it such problems. I noticed that it started working properly as a secondary only once I had changed the name to default... should I change the name to default on the C: drive and remove evox altogether, or is there a better way?

*added 01/19 8:31 PM PST*
actually, the more I play with it, the more I get problems. When running as an app, it can't recognise emus/games/dashboards. It reports it as blank the first time, which I assumed means I need to change the paths, but if I return, it outputs garbage. Refreshing with Y doesnt seem to help, and if I check too many times, it reboots.

Edited by ragnorokk, 20 January 2006 - 05:38 AM.

#4 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:32 AM

Delete the game save for UIX. Then Follow the tut in my sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users