• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mungyun

mungyun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:38 AM

I just got my spider mod chip in the mail yesterday and installed it just fine and I also flashed it with cromwell bios which is great and all but now the only thing I can do with it is load xebian or any other flavor of xbox-linux. I tried to play a non backed up game as well as a backed up game and it doesn't do anything, it just says insert cd and the only thing that it responds to is the linux disk. Also when i turn the chip off and try to run the xbox it says to contact technical support. My questions are: How do I get anything to play from this (backed up and non backed up)? and did I flash the chip with the wrong bios or something. Thanks for any help.

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:13 PM

Hello there ...

Firslty , Congratulations as you have successfully installed your spiderchip smile.gif But you have flashed the wrong bios file sad.gif Your spiderchip already had a slightly modified version of linux on it already that lets you flash a new bios and you did but you should of flashed your spiderchip with one of these bios files ...

Xbox V1.0 - V1.5 Use Xecuter 2 4981 ( 256k )

Xbox V1.6 - V1.6b Use Evox M8 Plus V1.6 ( 256k )

But you have flashed it with linux so now the only thing that will boot is a linux program. The good news is there is a linux program that can flash your modchip and it is called Eurasia.

Grab Eurasia from www.hackdabox.com in the downloads section and burn this to a disc and boot it. This time flash your bios with one of the ones listed above that matches your model !

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 20 January 2006 - 12:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users