• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 gadgetHacks_er

gadgetHacks_er

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

I had read somewhere, that the ps3 is projected to almost double the sales of the xbox 360 within 1 year after its release. Can anyone find anything related to this or point me in the direction? I believe that the ps3 will surpass the 360 but not double its sales. What do you all think?

#2 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

I think the story you are thinking of is this and I think its a very large guess MEANT to hurt 360.

#3 jzoz01

jzoz01

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(gadgetHacks_er @ Jan 20 2006, 10:16 AM) View Post

I had read somewhere, that the ps3 is projected to almost double the sales of the xbox 360 within 1 year after its release. Can anyone find anything related to this or point me in the direction? I believe that the ps3 will surpass the 360 but not double its sales. What do you all think?

Yes, I think it is fair to say with 100% certainty that a console with no official specs or release date will easily outsell a console on the market which is so popular that it sells out everywhere immediately (except in Japan). rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

#4 tracemhunter

tracemhunter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:56 PM

it is possible. ps2 has sold over 100 million consoles. the original xbox has only sold like 26 million. they are just going on previous outcomes.

#5 jmgillespie

jmgillespie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:13 PM

Wait till the middle of March and see what they say. With the release of FN3, Ghost Recon, Gears of War (possibly), battlefield 2, and many other games in febuary and March people will be insane not to get a 360.

#6 mattstl77

mattstl77

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

Of course the 360 will be outsold by the PS3. Asia will have PS3 frenzy much the same way as America did for 360. Only much longer...

#7 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

The problem is that the name "Playstation" is part of pop culture, just like the iPod is. It's cool to have a Playstation, all your buddies have one, they rap about them in music videos, and your TV is flooded with pro-sony propaganda. It's not that these people don't like the xbox, it's that thier choices are influenced by mainstream media and popular trendiness.

MS seems to be attempting to make XBOX360 a household name this time around. We've definatly seen the system marketed more "freshly" than the last xbox and hopefully it can become the standard this time around by utilizing the head start we have have on Sony.

#8 thax

thax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(gadgetHacks_er @ Jan 20 2006, 05:16 PM) View Post

Sony has a tough job because the x360 looks like it will have almost a year on the PS3. The main problem is that Sony always seems to run into serious manufacturing problems that severely limits the console supply. This time around it will be even harder because the technology in the consoles is very advanced.

I think that it will take more than a year for Sony just to surpass x360 sales, but I am pretty sure that Sony will pass the xbox unless they really screw up the launch of the PS3.

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

as for the article that M_hael pointed out, that doesnt mean that it will be twice the number of 360's at all and yes it does seem intended to hurt the 360. honestly though IF sony can keep up with demand then i dont see how 4-7 million by year end is too big of a goal, also IF they really launch in spring rolleyes.gif if MS was able to keep up with demand they would have almost 3 million units in homes now. just because the ps3 is coming out does not mean that the 360 will stop selling at a fast pace.

#10 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:13 PM

NOw, I hate the PS2, and I am not planning on getting a PS3, but I can say with almost 100% certainty, that at the end of this console generation, Sony will be on top once agian.

It might take awhile, but it is going to happen, simply because they have such a huge install base.

#11 Jonm888

Jonm888

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:41 PM

Don't believe all the reports that you see. They also said that the PS3 could be around $600.

#12 Unregistered007

Unregistered007

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

I want PS3...!!!!!!!!

#13 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:05 PM

If history repeats itself (as it's always been the case in video game industry), M$ will capture the market this time....

#14 arashd

arashd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:08 PM

What does that even mean...to lose again?

Are you saying that if PS3 sells 999,999,999 consoles and 360 sells 999,999,998 consoles, Xbox will have lost again? This argument and point makes no sense! I am getting sick and tired of these retarded threads about losing and wining. It has no business significance.

MS wants to grab market share and with that create a stream of everlasting revenue that will recoup its investment in Xbox and Xbox 360. By the end of the 360's life, they hope to have turned a profit. If they do that, they will have won. This is how business works. Its not a sporting event, you just dont want to blindly WIN, that means nothing. You want to make money, that is everything. Of course MS wants to one day have a bigger market share than Sony, but keeping that as a strategy is a going to make you "lose"

#15 Jonm888

Jonm888

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 20 2006, 11:12 AM) View Post

If history repeats itself (as it's always been the case in video game industry), M$ will capture the market this time....

How do you figure? Dreamcast was first and we all know how that ended up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users