• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 libertysyclone

libertysyclone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

Well just like EVERY OTHER SpGX owner I am pissed, because i cant get it to work. So my question is can I soft mod my box still? can i do it using my upgraded HDD? I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone at the website I bought it from. so I am stuck with a POS $60 chip. I was hoping that I could just soft mod it and it be over with?

#2 beutel

beutel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:04 PM

try to send it back !
divineo took mine back after i told them what kind off bullshit this chip is tongue.gif
and yes you can still softmod it just refer to the manuals in the softmode section in this forum

#3 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:12 PM

I assume you get your chip from divineo ? try sending it back , i have spoken to them at lenght regarding the issues with these chips. There should be no problem returning the chip to them.

If you buy a game like Splinter cell and a Xbox Memory card you can install a softmod easily. Or do what i do and solder in a headerpin , ground d0 and plug a duox2 chip onto the headerpin. Boot AID 2.11 final and install a softmod to the hard drive and then remove my duox2 and remove the link from d0 to ground. Now the xbox is softmodded and if i ever have a problem i can just ground d0 and plug a duox2 ( or similar lpc modchip ) onto the headerpin and boot AID again. If you can't solder then you can even use a Solderless adaptor to make it solderless and painless !

HackDaBox !

#4 libertysyclone

libertysyclone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:50 AM

Well I am stupid and didnt get mine from diveno, I got them from consolesource.com, who wont return my phone calls or emails I ordered from them because their website was the only one that said they had the SPice in stock but later I got an email saying that they were out of stock and they said they'd just send me a SpiderGX. If only I had known. blink.gif

Hackdabox, could I just use the spider to load aid? I actually have it working I just like everyone else cant get the apps/games to load. Will the AID work even though the HDD isnt stock? and already has avalaunch on it?
I also have a solderless xenium ice (not the spice) would that work for what your saying, just ground the D0? this box is a 1.6a.

I do OWE you a BIG thanks for the install tutorial of yours it was perfect!! to bad this chip couldnt be sad.gif

#5 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:41 AM

Yeah the spidergx will boot AID , and setup your hard drive. Make damn sure you lock the hard drive or it won't boot after you remove the chip.

HackDaBox !

#6 iCARUSbLaDe

iCARUSbLaDe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:36 AM

Wow, are you guys serious?! Divineo will take them back?! What will they do with them; do you think I can exchange it for a non-POS chip?

#7 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:44 AM

Hello there ...

Yes just send your faulty chip back and get a Xenium Spice or a X2.6 solderless and enjoy the difference !

HackDaBox !

#8 libertysyclone

libertysyclone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:50 AM

Well I have the AID and it will start to load but will freeze before the UnleashX screen, Is this the Chip or just the media, I can use the disc in my 1.2 and it works fine. I hav e even tried swapping dvd drives to no avail.

#9 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

Are you using a V1.6 now ? if yes then thats why ... the spider has problems booting xbe's after the dashboard.

HackDaBox !

#10 libertysyclone

libertysyclone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

I am assuming that you mean its own dash? I have got slayers evox cd, wizardAI, and an older unknown AI that is for 1.5> to boot however i cant seem to get this one to boot completely in to the menu.

So if this is the case, do I have to use an exploit from the stock HDD and then go through all the steps like in the tutorials or can (and how would) I just use the stock hdd backup on the new drive and use the exploit from there?

#11 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:49 AM

Burn AID 2.11 final to a DVD-R ( not dvd+r , not dvd-rw ) at 1x or atleast the slowest possible speed. Use dvd decrypter to burn the iso image. It will boot to the menu then just install a softmod and then remove the spider. If anything ever goes wrong with your softmod just install the spider and use AID 2.11 again !

HackDaBox !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users