• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheSchonk

TheSchonk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Skateing, Wakeboarding, Wacthing TV, and chilling with my friends.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:37 AM

I put the recovery.bin file in the E: drive and I unlocked my harddrive since I have a 1.6. Then I pressed recovery in the xenium OS menu and the video went away and the eject light went orange. I guess thats recovery mode. My question is how long does it take to recover because its been like 10 min?

#2 snowdog61

snowdog61

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

If it went orange, that indicates you entered the recovery mode. It shouldn't take that long to read the file though. Have you verified that the recovery file is present on E:/ ? If it halts or hangs, it is looking for the file and cannot access/read it. It must be in the root directory and not a subfolder.

Edited by snowdog61, 21 January 2006 - 01:06 AM.

#3 TheSchonk

TheSchonk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:20 AM

The XOS2.s.1_HDD file comes with two recovery files. One is in the Recovery folder and one is in the restore factory default folder, I used the one in the recovery folder. I opened up my xbox and fliped the switch on my chip and hit restore again. Im going to give it a few more seconds then I will double check to make sure it is in the E: drive. Thanks for helping

Edited by TheSchonk, 21 January 2006 - 01:22 AM.

#4 TheSchonk

TheSchonk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:31 AM

The recovery file is in the E: folder and not in any sub folders. I dont want to burn it because that will take to long. What should I do?

#5 snowdog61

snowdog61

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

You should be able to do the recovery either through the OS menu or using the recovery switch. Try this if you haven't read it yet. http://www.teamxodus...=viewforum&f=23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users