exceltious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:32 AM

Im trying to create a backup of my original game to store on my computer. I have a smartXX v2 chip with ed@chip on it for ftp. can I have the disk in the xbox drive and create an iso on my computer that I could put on a new drive later on. I haven't had ant problems with ftp with flash fxp. I have a v1.1 xbox with evox on it. T[size=1]hanks

#2 tnbigdawg

tnbigdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:11 PM

First of all I believe Qwix was meant to be run with only Avalaunch or other supported dashboard. Use the dashboard's FTP and it should work.

#3 exceltious

exceltious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:00 AM

I dont have avalunch i have evox and my chip has its oun ftp built in

#4 tnbigdawg

tnbigdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:24 AM

Then why are you saying that you're using ED@Chip? That's not an FTP server built into the chip. Well anyways like I said, Qwix HAS to be run with something like Avalaunch or some other supported dash. What you can do is get Avalaunch and install it in your xbox either as your main dash or as an application. THEN you can use Qwix.

#5 exceltious

exceltious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

Ed@chip came with my smartxx chip and yes it performs ftp fuctions. I dont see the need to have more than one dashdoard. Thanks for your help though

#6 tnbigdawg

tnbigdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:26 AM

Haha, ED@Chip is not a BUILT-IN ftp server. It's FTP but not built into the modchip's OS. It can be run from the flash or loaded into RAM. But that's not my point.

Anyways like I was trying to say: I'm pretty sure Qwix WON'T work unless you have a SUPPORTED dash because if you don't, Qwix won't connect to your xbox. Get what I'm saying?

To make it simple: If you want to use Qwix, you gotta use something like Avalaunch's FTP(meaning use something like Avalaunch dashboard). It has something to do with the way the two softwares were coded since the two were designed to work together with special features.

Goodluck

Edited by tnbigdawg, 23 January 2006 - 08:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users