gusradio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:54 AM

I just got an email back from Play Online and there is no official stance on what happens to your character data after the beta test is done and that I sould be prepared to lose my data.

I dropped about 20 hours into the beta test already so I'm a little miffed. I won't spend one minute more beta testing their game and server without some kind stance on what's going to happen to all the work I do developing a character.

I'll wait and if I hear that you can keep the char I'll continue the beta test.. if not I'll wait until the game comes out. Pretty great game and I'm really happy that Square_Enix are on board the 360 but I can't justify putting that much of my personal time into something that just goes away.

end-rant

#2 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

i will spend the time playing now. def not going to buy this game and pay for the monthly fee.

#3 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:57 AM

same here, im all down with the free gaming p2p is l4mz0r5

#4 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

That would make it no different then any other beta that Square has held. It shouldnt come as a surprise

#5 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:16 AM

that blows

#6 gusradio

gusradio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(tNCecil @ Jan 21 2006, 08:27 PM) View Post

That would make it no different then any other beta that Square has held. It shouldnt come as a surprise

I've never done a beta for Square before.. nor was I particularly surprised. Just the facts. I probably would be playing this game right now if I thought my progress could be carried over, you know seeing as how I oculd easily spend 100 hours or more over next few months.

It doesn't matter though because thinking about all that time I know it could be better spent doing somthing more constructive. I probably wont purchase this game now that I've taken the time to really evaluate the quality of the experience versus the wieght of of the time nessecary to get themost out of it. I was excited about networking the 360 with PS2's and PC gamers when the game was released on a cross platform server and I'm happy to have had the chance to play this game on the 360 at all.

it's great that Square Enix are on board with the 360 and I hope we get some serious RPGs in the near future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users