Souske

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:08 AM

ok, so I bought a copy of the feb issue of OXM. Pop in the FFXI disc, and I get the message "to play the disc, place it in an Xbox 360 console." aka, my box thinks it's a DVD. I went, bought another Disc, and put it in, same thing. I'm REALLY pissed right now. Can anyone help me?

#2 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:14 AM

that sucks. no problems here. when did u buy yer 360?

#3 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(Souske @ Jan 21 2006, 07:15 AM) View Post

ok, so I bought a copy of the feb issue of OXM. Pop in the FFXI disc, and I get the message "to play the disc, place it in an Xbox 360 console." aka, my box thinks it's a DVD. I went, bought another Disc, and put it in, same thing. I'm REALLY pissed right now. Can anyone help me?

If im reading your post right your putting it in a XBOX 1? You do know its for the 360 right? If you do have it in your 360 and its telling you to put it in a 360, well lets just hope you were putting it in a XBOX 1!

#4 davinator456

davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:25 AM

gamercard=360

#5 Souske

Souske

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:04 AM

I was putting it in my 360. Today I bought a 3rd disc, this time from a diff store. The 3rd disc worked. Put it pisses me off that I had to buy 3 discs >< .

#6 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:33 AM

Why didn't you just go back to the place of purchase and ask them to replace it? The worst they could have done is said no. Someone on this forum mentioned that he had to take a faulty disc back to Barnes & Noble (I think), and they replaced it without question.

You know, for the price of those three magazines ($30, and they're all the same issue), you could have gotten yourself a year's subscription ($25) and a $5 game rental. It truly boggles the mind why some people prefer to pay $10 an issue that amounts to $120 a year instead of subscribing for $25 a year. I think the technical term for that is sucker. biggrin.gif

#7 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 21 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

Why didn't you just go back to the place of purchase and ask them to replace it? The worst they could have done is said no. Someone on this forum mentioned that he had to take a faulty disc back to Barnes & Noble (I think), and they replaced it without question.

You know, for the price of those three magazines ($30, and they're all the same issue), you could have gotten yourself a year's subscription ($25) and a $5 game rental. It truly boggles the mind why some people prefer to pay $10 an issue that amounts to $120 a year instead of subscribing for $25 a year. I think the technical term for that is sucker. biggrin.gif

yes he could have but i think the point is he wanted the FF demo. if he signed up for a year right now i dont think there is away for him to get the demo. i am going to pick it up but i dont think ill buy another one the rest of the year. yes if your going to buy it each month its stupid not to subscribe.

#8 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(mgamer20o0 @ Jan 22 2006, 03:10 AM) View Post
yes he could have but i think the point is he wanted the FF demo. if he signed up for a year right now i dont think there is away for him to get the demo.
I know, but he could have at least saved himself $20 by getting it exchanged if he wasn't in such a hurry to get that demo. He could then have mailed in one of the subscription cards. Not to mention, sometimes there are offers for a free first issue when you subscribe. So that could have been 14 different issues for $35 instead of three of the same for $30. wink.gif

#9 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics &amp; Animation
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:47 PM

my 360 had some minor issues reading the disc during the POL viewer install

if you read the back of the cd sleeve, it mentions that if your 360 has problems reading it, to give it a wipe with a towel. That worked for me.
Must be a really cheap disc

#10 DrifterX-2

DrifterX-2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

The same exact thing happened to me. My first disc did not work at all, I went back and bought another one and that one didn't work at first. After trying it like 5000 times it finally worked, and now sometimes it doesn't work first try. BTW, you can't return magazines to my EB games so yeah, that sucked.

#11 Souske

Souske

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

Something tells me Dominicks wouldn't have exchanged for me. I did try wiping the disc. I'm not terribly interested in a subscription to OXM. If I mailed in a subscription card from a Feb issue, I most likely would get a Mar issue first. $30 is still half the price of a 360 game, and no monthly fee for 3 months=great.

Edited by Souske, 23 January 2006 - 08:21 PM.

#12 stunna

stunna

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

This happens to me with all my games every now and then. The xbox360 gives me an error thinkin my game is a dvd. prolly the same error i would get if i put it in a real dvd player. i have to eject then inject the game a couple times to get my games to load when this happens.

#13 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:22 PM

I recently started subscribing... I looked back and found I was buying 3-4 OXMs a year average, when I could be saving a few bucks and getting all of them delivered to my door.

I was pissed when I found out subscribers get their discs in a crappy cardboard slip instead of the nice plastic case in the stores...

I don't get it most other mags I subscribe too have nicer versions for the subscribers (larger print, thicker paper, etc)... it's like penalizing people for giving you a steady income blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users