#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:11 PM

now the new screens are supposed to be first shots of the 360 version. like previously stated the parachuting sequence that is a rendered movie on the xbox is a real time interactive scene on the 360. there hasnt been any confirmation that i know of that say what version these screens are from. however i do remember that the rendered pictures of the xbox version of this scene looked pretty different then whats shown here. either way its some new screens.

screens:
http://www.gamersrep....com/news/1053/

video interview:
http://www.gametrail...3_2k5_xb360.php

enjoy pop.gif

#2 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

saw that last nite... different developer & engine for Xbox360 pop.gif

#3 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:48 PM

i knew the developer was different and i did not like that. the dev that is working on the 360 version is team shanghia (spelling?) while team montreal is working on the current gen versions. i have a problem with this because team shanghia is the team that ported all the splinter cells to the ps2 and gamecube and also are the ones who developed splinter cell: pandora tomorrow which while good still i think is inferior to the first splinter cell and especially chaos theory which were both developed by team montreal. basically i hope that shanghia doesnt mess it up.

after watching the interview im not sure if they are really using a different engine. they dont mention it using the chaos theory engine but im sure it uses a lot of resources from it, as a lot of next gen games are using assets from current gen engines to help speed up development for their next gen games.

i cant wait to get my hands on this game i just hope it lives up to my expectations. also there are other sites that are saying these screens are indeed real-time from the 360 version and that some sites had to pull down the pics, so its lookin good atleast cool.gif

#4 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:37 PM

Shanghai!?? Talk about outsourcing to cheap labour countries. Doesnt bode well if you ask me. Most of the talent in china comes to the west for better paying jobs so what are they left with in shanghai, mediocre talent?

Might just be another "Gun" or Tomb Raider Legends = direct port with spit and polish.

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(Joergen @ Jan 21 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

Shanghai!?? Talk about outsourcing to cheap labour countries. Doesnt bode well if you ask me. Most of the talent in china comes to the west for better paying jobs so what are they left with in shanghai, mediocre talent?

Might just be another "Gun" or Tomb Raider Legends = direct port with spit and polish.

i wouldnt jump to conclusions or assumptions just yet, i will wait until i own the game atleast to pass judgement. pandora tomorrow wasnt bad, just not on par with the games made by team montreal IMO. both teams working on the same story and premise gives me hope. shanghia is mainly working on the technical side and already its obvious that it will be more then a last gen port. i have faith that the game will be awsome and a true showcase for next gen.

#6 davsin50

davsin50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(Joergen @ Jan 21 2006, 11:44 PM) View Post

Not exactly, the shanghai team had to bid for the job. They didnt give it to them because its cheaper. They gave it to them because that gave the best pitch.

Some of the talent does head west for work, a hell of alot of it stays behind to work there. From dealing with another developer in Shanghai I can say that the talent is hardly mediocre.

#7 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

let's put it this way...

Team Montreal is developing the game and Shanghai is porting it.

That means Montreal will be doing the level and gameplay design while Shanghai is working on making it look good on next gen hardware.

I'd much rather have it this way then the other way around.

Would you rather have:

A. Chaos Theory's level design's with Pandora Tomorrow's graphics
or
B. Pandora Tomorrow's level design with Chaos Theory's graphics?

I'd much rather have A, but so far it looks like Shanghai is doing a damn good job with the graphics anyway. You can't use the GC and PS2 ports of Chaos Theory against them, They are inferior systems after all.

#8 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

this game is going to be so sick. i feel that splinter cell was one of the few games that truly utilized the xbox graphics to its fullest...with the smoothest graphics and craziest shadowing i have seen. hopefully it will be the same for xbox 360 and use everything that 360 has to offer, from a technical standpoint.

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

i agree twisted and im not really that worried about it. im not using the ports against them at all, as i think the ports were impressive with all things considered. i just much rather montreal develop the 360 titles and then montreal port it down but maybe they arent up to that much of a task. also i do remember reading even though the core story and game machanics will be very similar between next gen and last gen versions, the level design will be different as of course the levels will be bigger and more interactive on the 360 version. its a splinter cell game though so i know ill love it. tongue.gif

#10 davsin50

davsin50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 23 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

let's put it this way...

Team Montreal is developing the game and Shanghai is porting it.

That means Montreal will be doing the level and gameplay design while Shanghai is working on making it look good on next gen hardware.

I'd much rather have it this way then the other way around.

Would you rather have:

A. Chaos Theory's level design's with Pandora Tomorrow's graphics
or
B. Pandora Tomorrow's level design with Chaos Theory's graphics?

I'd much rather have A, but so far it looks like Shanghai is doing a damn good job with the graphics anyway. You can't use the GC and PS2 ports of Chaos Theory against them, They are inferior systems after all.

They are not porting it. Its an entirely different engine. So Its not a port. But yes, you cant hold the last two games they worked on against them. They did a great job with the hardware they had to run it on.

Edited by davsin50, 24 January 2006 - 12:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users